Baysox Announce Player Moves
BOWIE, Md. - The Bowie Baysox announce a series of roster moves this week. SS Pedro Florimon was activated from the Seven-Day Disabled List and transferred to class Single-A Frederick, RHP Pat Egan was transferred to class Triple-A Norfolk, LHP Chad Thall was activated from the Temporary Inactive List and Baltimore Orioles OF Felix Pie was assigned to Bowie on a Major League Rehab Assignment. With the moves, the Baysox maintain a complete 24-man roster. Players on Major League Rehab Assignments do not count towards the roster limit.
Florimon hit .183 (22-120) in 37 games for the Baysox this year with three doubles, one home run and 12 RBIs before being placed on the disabled list May 25. Flormion's activation and transfer are effective Saturday, June 26.
Egan went 6-1 with a 2.12 ERA and five saves in 22 games for Bowie. In 46.2 innings pitched, he allowed 11 earned runs on 39 hits and seven walks while striking out 25 and recording a ground out-to-air out ratio of 2.29. Egan was officially transferred to Norfolk Monday, June 28.
Thall is 1-0 with a 4.32 ERA and one save in 12 games for the Baysox this season. In 16.2 innings this season he allowed eight earned runs on 14 hits and five walks while striking out 14. He was placed on the Temporary Inactive List May 17. Thall was activated Tuesday, June 29.
Pie hit .400 (8-20) in eight games for the Orioles this year before being placed on the disabled list. Pie joined the Baysox as part of a Major League Rehab Assignment Tuesday, June 29.
• Discuss this story on the Eastern League message board...
Eastern League Stories from June 29, 2010
- Pie Too Hot For SeaWolves - Bowie Baysox
- Popham Solid in Debut as Aeros Win 4-3 - Akron RubberDucks
- Baysox Take Third Straight over Erie by a Run - Erie SeaWolves
- Back-To-Back Home Runs Highlight Fisher Cats' 5-4 Loss - New Hampshire Fisher Cats
- Reyes Slams B-Mets to Sixth Straight Win, 9-5 - Binghamton Rumble Ponies
- Thunder Split Doubleheader on Tuesday - Trenton Thunder
- Two Streaks End as Aeros Outlast Squirrels, 4-3 - Richmond Flying Squirrels
- Binghamton Uses Big Inning to Roll over Curve, 9-5 - Altoona Curve
- Senators Top Sea Dogs, 8-4 - Portland Sea Dogs
- Sens Double Up Sea Dogs - Harrisburg Senators
- Rock Cats Rally to Take Nightcap - New Britain Rock Cats
- Three Rock Cats Selected For Eastern League's 2010 All-Star Game - New Britain Rock Cats
- Erie SeaWolves at Bowie Baysox...Game Two of Three...Game Notes - Erie SeaWolves
- Announcing Amnesty Night - New Britain Rock Cats
- Four Baysox Named to All-Star Team - Bowie Baysox
- Three SeaWolves Selected to 2010 EL All-Star Game - Erie SeaWolves
- Squirrels Send Four to Eastern League All-Star Game - Richmond Flying Squirrels
- Aeros Notes - Akron RubberDucks
- Three Aeros Selected to EL All-Star Game - Akron RubberDucks
- Five Curve Players Headed to Harrisburg for E.L. All-Star Game - Altoona Curve
- Franchise-Record Six Fisher Cats Named EL All-Stars - New Hampshire Fisher Cats
- Baysox Announce Player Moves - Bowie Baysox
- Three Sea Dogs Bound for 2010 Eastern League All-Star Game - Portland Sea Dogs
- Four Thunder Players Selected to EL All-Star Game - Trenton Thunder
- 2010 Eastern League All-Star Rosters Announced - EL
- Richmond Flying Squirrels Game Notes - Richmond Flying Squirrels
- Pitchers Move, Mills Activated - Akron RubberDucks
- Pitchers Province And Allen On The Move - New Britain Rock Cats
- Squirrels to Honor Arthur Ashe, Virginia Heroes - Richmond Flying Squirrels
- Baysox Sweep Twi-night Doubleheader - Bowie Baysox
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.