Barons Face San Antonio in First Round of Calder Cup Playoffs
Oklahoma City - The Oklahoma City Barons will take on the San Antonio Rampage in the first round of the American Hockey League's Calder Cup playoffs, the Barons front office announced today.
Games 1 and 2 of the best-of-5 series are scheduled in Oklahoma City on Thursday, April 23 and Saturday, April 25 at 7 p.m. (ct). The series shifts to San Antonio for the remainder of the games to be played in the series. Game 3 is scheduled for Wednesday, April 29 at 7 p.m. (ct). Should the series require a Game 4, it is scheduled for Friday, May 1 at 7:30 p.m. (ct). If the series would require a Game 5, it is scheduled for Saturday, May 2 at 7 p.m. (ct). A complete schedule is listed below:
Game 1 April 23 San Antonio @ Oklahoma City 7 p.m. Game 2 April 25 San Antonio @ Oklahoma City 7 p.m. Game 3 April 29 Oklahoma City @ San Antonio 7 p.m. *Game 4 May 1 Oklahoma City @ San Antonio 7:30 p.m. *Game 5 May 2 Oklahoma City @ San Antonio 7:05 p.m.
* if necessary all times listed as CDT
Oklahoma City and Rockford met 12 times during the regular season. Oklahoma City posted a 3-5-2-2 mark, while San Antonio posted a 9-1-2-0 record against Oklahoma City. This marks the second time the teams have met in the postseason. The teams met in the 2012 Western Conference Semifinal series that the Barons won 4-1.
Oklahoma City was led in scoring by defenseman Brad Hunt who tallied 12 points (4-8-12). The Rampage were led in scoring against Oklahoma City by Bobby Butler who tallied 11 points (4-7-11).
Tickets for Games 1 & 2 of the first round of the Calder Cup playoffs start at $10 and are on sale at 232-GOAL (4625).
Season Seat Holders that have already received their ticket books for the playoffs will use the ticket marked Round 1 Game A for the game on Thursday, April 23 and Round 1 Game B for the game on Saturday, April 25.
All Barons playoff games can be heard on the Barons flagship station, 96.1 KXY and are also available on a pay-per-view basis via AHL Live.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from April 18, 2015
- Bulldogs Announce 2014-15 Team Awards - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Barons Face San Antonio in First Round of Calder Cup Playoffs - Oklahoma City Barons
- Griffins Win Midwest Division, Await First-Round Foe - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Broadhurst, Wolves Prevail in Shootout - Chicago Wolves
- Sellout Crowd Sees Stars End Regular Season with 4-3 Overtime Win - Texas Stars
- Rampage Announce First-Round Playoff Schedule - San Antonio Rampage
- Toronto Marlies Post Game Notes - Toronto Marlies
- Tickets on Sale for Crunch-Penguins Playoff Series - Syracuse Crunch
- Rampage Drop 4-3 Overtime Decision to Texas in Regular Season Finale - San Antonio Rampage
- Pirates Beat Bruins on Fan Appreciation Night - Portland Pirates
- Monsters Top Bulldogs 4-3 in Shootout in 'Dogs Final AHL Game - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Monsters Top Hamilton 4-3 in Shootout - Cleveland Monsters
- Hershey Pulls Away in Phantoms Final Road Tilt - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Wild Closes out Season with 4-2 Defeat in OKC - Iowa Wild
- Bridgeport closes road season with win - Bridgeport Islanders
- B-Sens End Season with 5-0 Shutout - Binghamton Senators
- Monarchs Win Home Finale, 4-2 - Manchester Monarchs
- Goldobin Scores Twice in 4-2 Loss in Manchester - Worcester Sharks
- Pirates Stay Alive with 3-2 Win - Providence Bruins
- Late Rally Comes up Short in Admirals' Final AHL Game - Norfolk Admirals
- Bears Cruise into Postseason with Decisive Win - Hershey Bears
- Amerks Get Blanked by B-Sens, 5-0 - Rochester Americans
- Checkers Finish 2014-15 Season on High Note - Charlotte Checkers
- Despite Gutsy Win, Devils Eliminated from Postseason - Albany Devils
- Falcons Rally Past IceCaps, 4-3, in Overtime - Springfield Falcons
- IceCaps Drop Final Game of 2015 to Falcons - St. John's IceCaps
- Comets Are Best in the West After 3-2 Win vs Flames - Utica Comets
- IceHogs Announce 2014-15 Team Award Winners - Rockford IceHogs
- Crunch Present 2014-15 Team Awards - Syracuse Crunch
- Wolf Pack Halted by Hungry Albany 4-2 - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Pirates Announce 2014-2015 Player Awards - Portland Pirates
- IceCaps Awards Presented at Season Finale - St. John's IceCaps
- Rolling Hogs Conclude Regular Season - Rockford IceHogs
- Monarchs Sign Difruscia and Maletta to ATO's - Manchester Monarchs
- IceCaps Release Ryan Parent from PTO - St. John's IceCaps
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Oklahoma City Barons Stories
- Energy FC Hosts Second Sidekicks Event on Wednesday Evening
- Chris Spendlove Cleared
- Energy FC and The Grid Meet to Discuss Continued Growth of Soccer in OKC
- Energy FC Sidekicks Program with Special Olympics and TOPSoccer Kicks off July 15
- Barons Season Ends with 1-0 Loss