Rolling Hogs Conclude Regular Season
Rockford, Ill - While the 2015 Calder Cup Playoff schedule is being finalized, one game remains on the Rockford IceHogs (46-22-5-2) regular season schedule as it concludes Saturday night at the BMO Harris Bank Center. The IceHogs welcome the Toronto Marlies (38-27-9-0) to the Forest City for a 7 p.m. contest and will look to extend their nine-game winning streak on home ice.
As the IceHogs close out their regular season, they will honor fans in attendance on Fan Appreciation Night with prizes at each and every whistle throughout the night. In addition to prizes, random season ticket holders and two individual ticket buyers will be selected to receive a game-worn jersey off the back of an IceHogs player after the game. The winners will also have a photograph taken with the IceHogs player on the ice.
Tickets are limited to standing room only and can be purchased at the BMO Harris Bank Center Box Office or any Ticketmaster location, by phone (815-968-5222) or online at www.icehogs.com. Any unused season tickets and any remaining valid ticket vouchers for the regular season may be used for Game A or Game B of the Calder Cup Playoffs.
For those unable to attend the game, the contest will be broadcast live locally on 23.2 Antenna TV and online through AHLLive.com. For real-time in-game updates follow the IceHogs on Twitter (@goicehogs).
Fans can come to the BMO Harris Bank Center prior to the tilt for the first Pregame Block Party Presented by Swedish American Hospital beginning at 4 p.m. Parts of Elm and Main Street will be closed for the festivities. There will be inflatables for children to enjoy, live music and outside vendors with food and drinks for purchase.
The IceHogs enter tonight's contest with a record of 12-1-1-0 in their last 14 home games and winners of their last nine on home ice. The Hogs' last meeting with the Marlies came on Oct. 19, 2014 when they fell 1-0 in a shootout.
Rockford will look to continue to find the back of the opposing net as they have scored an average of 4.6 goals during their home winning streak. The Hogs are led by forward and former Marlie Spencer Abbott. The four-year skater brings a team-best 45 points (19g-26a) and has tallied 12 goals and nine helpers in 18 games with the IceHogs.
Ville Pokka paces all Rockford rookies and defensemen in goals (8), assists (22) and points (30) while fellow blueliner Stephen Johns enters with a team-leading plus/minus rating of plus-31 which ranks first in the AHL.
On the back end of the ice, Michael Leighton enters Saturday's matchup showing a record of 22-13-4 in 42 games between the pipes this season. Leighton has a 2.26 goals against average which is tied for 11th in the AHL.
Toronto clinched the eighth and final bid in the Western Conference for the 2015 Calder Cup Playoffs last night with a 4-3 overtime victory and a Hamilton loss. The Marlies, with a five game win streak and 7-3-0-0 in their last ten contests are led by forward Connor Brown. The 21-year leads the club with 40 assists and 60 points while defensemen T.J. Brennan paces all Marlies blueliners in goals (11) and points (49).
The Marlies goaltender duties have split this season between Christopher Gibson and Antoine Bibeau. Gibson brings a record of 23-17-3 in 44 games while Bibeau picked up his 14th victory of the season last night to improve his record to 14-10-5 record in 30 contests.
Next Game: Western Conference Quarterfinals, Game 1. The IceHogs have clinched a spot in the 2015 Calder Cup Playoffs, which begin next week. A first round schedule will be announced as soon as it is available.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from April 18, 2015
- Bulldogs Announce 2014-15 Team Awards - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Barons Face San Antonio in First Round of Calder Cup Playoffs - Oklahoma City Barons
- Griffins Win Midwest Division, Await First-Round Foe - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Broadhurst, Wolves Prevail in Shootout - Chicago Wolves
- Sellout Crowd Sees Stars End Regular Season with 4-3 Overtime Win - Texas Stars
- Rampage Announce First-Round Playoff Schedule - San Antonio Rampage
- Toronto Marlies Post Game Notes - Toronto Marlies
- Tickets on Sale for Crunch-Penguins Playoff Series - Syracuse Crunch
- Rampage Drop 4-3 Overtime Decision to Texas in Regular Season Finale - San Antonio Rampage
- Pirates Beat Bruins on Fan Appreciation Night - Portland Pirates
- Monsters Top Bulldogs 4-3 in Shootout in 'Dogs Final AHL Game - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Monsters Top Hamilton 4-3 in Shootout - Cleveland Monsters
- Hershey Pulls Away in Phantoms Final Road Tilt - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Wild Closes out Season with 4-2 Defeat in OKC - Iowa Wild
- Bridgeport closes road season with win - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- B-Sens End Season with 5-0 Shutout - Binghamton Senators
- Monarchs Win Home Finale, 4-2 - Manchester Monarchs
- Goldobin Scores Twice in 4-2 Loss in Manchester - Worcester Sharks
- Pirates Stay Alive with 3-2 Win - Providence Bruins
- Late Rally Comes up Short in Admirals' Final AHL Game - Norfolk Admirals
- Bears Cruise into Postseason with Decisive Win - Hershey Bears
- Amerks Get Blanked by B-Sens, 5-0 - Rochester Americans
- Checkers Finish 2014-15 Season on High Note - Charlotte Checkers
- Despite Gutsy Win, Devils Eliminated from Postseason - Albany Devils
- Falcons Rally Past IceCaps, 4-3, in Overtime - Springfield Falcons
- IceCaps Drop Final Game of 2015 to Falcons - St. John's IceCaps
- Comets Are Best in the West After 3-2 Win vs Flames - Utica Comets
- IceHogs Announce 2014-15 Team Award Winners - Rockford IceHogs
- Crunch Present 2014-15 Team Awards - Syracuse Crunch
- Wolf Pack Halted by Hungry Albany 4-2 - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Pirates Announce 2014-2015 Player Awards - Portland Pirates
- IceCaps Awards Presented at Season Finale - St. John's IceCaps
- Rolling Hogs Conclude Regular Season - Rockford IceHogs
- Monarchs Sign Difruscia and Maletta to ATO's - Manchester Monarchs
- IceCaps Release Ryan Parent from PTO - St. John's IceCaps
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Rockford IceHogs Stories
- Bring An IceHog Home for the Holidays During the Exclusive Online Game-Worn Jersey Auction
- IceHogs' Annual Garage Sale Is Tomorrow
- Rockford IceHogs' Annual Garage Sale Is this Saturday
- Find Gifts for Everyone and Save up to 60% at the IceHogs' Annual Garage Sale on November 21
- Oink Outfitters Is Open for All of Your IceHogs Holiday Shopping