Banc Of California Stadium To Serve As Regional Voting Center Between October 30 - November 3
The Los Angeles Football Club (LAFC), L.A. County Registrar-Recorder/County Clerk and the California Secretary of State's office, along with Rally the Vote, More Than A Vote and Our Own today announced the official dates Banc of California Stadium will serve as an L.A. County voting center for the Presidential General Election. County residents will have the opportunity to vote in-person or drop off Vote by Mail ballots for a five day period between October 30 - November 3 at the world-class venue located in the Heart of Los Angeles.
Voters will access the center through the NW Gates on Christmas Tree Lane with voting booths set up on the west concourse within Banc of California Stadium. Free parking will be available to voters at the Blue Structure in front of the California Science Center. The stadium will be open from 10:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. PT between October 30 and November 2. Voting hours will extend on Election Day, with the Stadium opening at 7:00 a.m. PT and closing at 8:00 p.m. PT.
"In these unique times, LAFC remains committed to being a Force For Good in Los Angeles," LAFC Co-President Larry Freedman said. "We are proud to have the opportunity to join forces with these incredible organizations to provide our stadium as a safe, secure and accessible regional voting center for the upcoming election."
In addition to partnering with L.A. County Registrar-Recorder/County Clerk and the California Secretary of State's office, LAFC has recently joined forces with two additional organizations, More Than A Vote and Our Own.
More Than A Vote, the coalition of Black athletes and artists, including Los Angeles Laker LeBron James, is working to combat systemic and voter suppression through educating, energizing, and protecting the Black community. For more information on More Than a Vote, please click here.
"More Than A Vote believes that every citizen should have access to a safe and convenient voting option, so we're incredibly proud to team up LAFC to provide LA County residents with even more opportunities to safely exercise their right to vote in this election," MTAV Executive Director Addisu Demissie said. "By giving voters the option to vote in-person in a large capacity venue or drop off their ballots, LAFC is providing a true civic good in a moment of crisis."
A local non-profit, Our Own works with underserved communities to cultivate voter registration and civic engagement. The non-profit also provides access to legislative education and works to harness the local community's passion for social justice and economic equality. For more information on Our Own, please click here.
Establishing Banc of California Stadium as a voting venue is part of the Club's commitment for being a force for good in the L.A. community. In addition to hosting a voting location, LAFC will work in partnership with the California Secretary of State's Office and Los Angeles County in driving messaging about voter registration, candidate information, voter education, volunteer information and more.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from October 15, 2020
- Nashville SC Midfielder Hany Mukhtar Voted MLS Player of the Week - Nashville SC
- Nashville SC Midfielder Hany Mukhtar Voted MLS Player of the Week - MLS
- Chicago Fire FC Launch First-Ever Virtual RAISE for P.L.A.Y.S. Fundraiser - Chicago Fire
- International Duty: Pizarro Starts Twice for Mexico - Inter Miami CF
- Banc Of California Stadium To Serve As Regional Voting Center Between October 30 - November 3 - Los Angeles FC
- Sigi Schmid Elected to United Soccer Coaches 2021 Hall of Fame Class - LA Galaxy
- Whitecaps FC Acquire 2023 MLS SuperDraft First Round Pick from LAFC for 2020 International Roster Slot - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Impact Acquires $50,000 in General Allocation Money - Club de Foot Montreal
- Orlando City SC Acquires An International Roster Slot from Montreal Impact - Orlando City SC
- Quakes win fourth of last five - San Jose Earthquakes
- LA Galaxy Postgame Notes and Quotes: LA Galaxy 0, San Jose Earthquakes 4 - Wednesday, October 14, 2020 - LA Galaxy
- LAFC Falls to Vancouver Whitecaps FC 2-1 on Wednesday at Providence Park - Los Angeles FC
- 'Caps vault above playoff line with second straight win - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Real Salt Lake Downs Portland Timbers FC 2-1 - Real Salt Lake
- Nashville SC Takes 3-1 Win Away at Houston Dynamo - Nashville SC
- Timbers Fall 2-1 on the Road to Real Salt Lake - Portland Timbers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Los Angeles FC Stories
- LAFC Statement on Revised Guidelines
- LAFC Officially Kicks off Training Camp Monday
- LAFC Announces 2021 Preseason Training Camp Ahead of Club's Fourth MLS Campaign
- LAFC and Real So Cal Soccer Club to Form LAFC So Cal Youth
- LAFC Gaming Announces Partnership with McDonald's of SoCal