Nashville SC Midfielder Hany Mukhtar Voted MLS Player of the Week
October 15, 2020 - Major League Soccer (MLS) News Release
NEW YORK - Nashville SC midfielder Hany Mukhtar was voted the Major League Soccer Player of the Week for the 18th week of the 2020 MLS season.
Mukhtar scored two goals to help Nashville defeat the Houston Dynamo 3-1 at BBVA Stadium on Wednesday for his first career MLS brace. Mukhtar has now tallied three goals and three assists this season. Nashville is eighth in the Eastern Conference standings with 21 points (5-6-6 overall record).
Nashville took a 1-0 lead in the 15th minute when Mukhtar collected a pass from teammate Abu Danladi, dribbled into the box past a Houston defender, and finished with a right footed shot off the left post and into the net.
Following Danladi's goal in the 19th minute, Nashville took a 3-0 lead in the 23rd minute when Mukhtar sent a roaring right footed free kick from outside the box into the upper left hand corner.
Nashville continues action on Tuesday when hosting FC Dallas at Nissan Stadium (8:30 p.m. ET, FS1 / FOX Deportes / FOX Sports App / TSN).
The MLS Player of the Week is selected each week of the regular season through both media and fan voting in a process conducted by MLS Communications. A panel of journalists from the North American Soccer Reporters (NASR) comprises 75 percent of the vote, while a Twitter fan vote represents the remaining 25 percent of voting. NASR consists of members of print, television, radio and online media.
Images from this story
Nashville SC midfielder Hany Mukhtar (left)
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from October 15, 2020
- Nashville SC Midfielder Hany Mukhtar Voted MLS Player of the Week - Nashville SC
- Nashville SC Midfielder Hany Mukhtar Voted MLS Player of the Week - MLS
- Chicago Fire FC Launch First-Ever Virtual RAISE for P.L.A.Y.S. Fundraiser - Chicago Fire FC
- International Duty: Pizarro Starts Twice for Mexico - Inter Miami CF
- Banc Of California Stadium To Serve As Regional Voting Center Between October 30 - November 3 - Los Angeles FC
- Sigi Schmid Elected to United Soccer Coaches 2021 Hall of Fame Class - LA Galaxy
- Whitecaps FC Acquire 2023 MLS SuperDraft First Round Pick from LAFC for 2020 International Roster Slot - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Impact Acquires $50,000 in General Allocation Money - Club de Foot Montreal
- Orlando City SC Acquires An International Roster Slot from Montreal Impact - Orlando City SC
- Quakes win fourth of last five - San Jose Earthquakes
- LA Galaxy Postgame Notes and Quotes: LA Galaxy 0, San Jose Earthquakes 4 - Wednesday, October 14, 2020 - LA Galaxy
- LAFC Falls to Vancouver Whitecaps FC 2-1 on Wednesday at Providence Park - Los Angeles FC
- 'Caps vault above playoff line with second straight win - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Real Salt Lake Downs Portland Timbers FC 2-1 - Real Salt Lake
- Nashville SC Takes 3-1 Win Away at Houston Dynamo - Nashville SC
- Timbers Fall 2-1 on the Road to Real Salt Lake - Portland Timbers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.