LAFC Falls to Vancouver Whitecaps FC 2-1 on Wednesday at Providence Park
The Los Angeles Football Club (LAFC) fell to Vancouver Whitecaps FC 2-1 on Wednesday night at Providence Park.
The Black & Gold entered this match looking to extend their two game win streak but it was Vancouver who struck first, opening the scoring in the 30th minute on a strike by Lucas Cavallini.
The misfortunes continued for LAFC in the second half after confusion in the backline led to Vancouver and Cavallini's second goal of the night in the 59th minute. The night wasn't done for LAFC yet though, with Eduard Atuesta scoring a penalty kick in the 83rd minute after a Whitecaps handball inside the box.
The youth of LAFC brought a surge of energy in the waning minutes of the match, but the one goal proved too little too late. LAFC Homegrown forward Christian Torres became the youngest player to start an MLS game in 2020, while LAFC Homegrown defender Erik Dueñas became the youngest player to appear in a regular season game this year, and third youngest all-time in MLS.
With the loss, LAFC continues to sit in 4th place in the Western Conference with a 7-7-3 record (24 points). Next up for LAFC is a trip back to Providence Park to face off against the Portland Timbers on Sunday, October 18 at 7:00 p.m. PT (YouTube TV, Estrella TV, ESPN LA 710, ESPN App, 980 AM).
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from October 15, 2020
- Nashville SC Midfielder Hany Mukhtar Voted MLS Player of the Week - Nashville SC
- Nashville SC Midfielder Hany Mukhtar Voted MLS Player of the Week - MLS
- Chicago Fire FC Launch First-Ever Virtual RAISE for P.L.A.Y.S. Fundraiser - Chicago Fire
- International Duty: Pizarro Starts Twice for Mexico - Inter Miami CF
- Banc Of California Stadium To Serve As Regional Voting Center Between October 30 - November 3 - Los Angeles FC
- Sigi Schmid Elected to United Soccer Coaches 2021 Hall of Fame Class - LA Galaxy
- Whitecaps FC Acquire 2023 MLS SuperDraft First Round Pick from LAFC for 2020 International Roster Slot - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Impact Acquires $50,000 in General Allocation Money - Montreal Impact
- Orlando City SC Acquires An International Roster Slot from Montreal Impact - Orlando City SC
- Quakes win fourth of last five - San Jose Earthquakes
- LA Galaxy Postgame Notes and Quotes: LA Galaxy 0, San Jose Earthquakes 4 - Wednesday, October 14, 2020 - LA Galaxy
- LAFC Falls to Vancouver Whitecaps FC 2-1 on Wednesday at Providence Park - Los Angeles FC
- 'Caps vault above playoff line with second straight win - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Real Salt Lake Downs Portland Timbers FC 2-1 - Real Salt Lake
- Nashville SC Takes 3-1 Win Away at Houston Dynamo - Nashville SC
- Timbers Fall 2-1 on the Road to Real Salt Lake - Portland Timbers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Los Angeles FC Stories
- LAFC Announces Roster Moves for 2021 Season
- LAFC and Target to Host Week-Long Virtual Toy Drive from December 1 Ã¢ÂÂ December 5
- LAFC to Face Cruz Azul in Single-Leg Quarterfinal on Wednesday, December 16 at 7:30 PM PT
- LAFC Falls to the Seattle Sounders FC 3-1 in First Round of Audi 2020 MLS Cup Playoffs
- LAFC Travels to Face Seattle Sounders FC Tomorrow in Round One of the Audi 2020 MLS Cup Playoffs