Atlanta United Falls 4-1 at Orlando City SC
ORLANDO, Fla. - Atlanta United lost 4-1 against Orlando City SC Wednesday night at Exploria Stadium. Cubo Torres scored his first goal for the club.
Atlanta looked dangerous early when Ezequiel Barco took a free kick that forced a corner in the third minute, which was the first of the team's 11 first-half shots. Later in the 19th minute, Jürgen Damm received the ball on the right wing, dribbled by Kamal Miller and took a shot on his left foot from the top of the box, but it curled just wide of the left post. Damm led all players with four shots in the first half.
Orlando took the lead in the 29th minute. Ruan sent a cross in from the right side to Daryl Dike in the center of the box where the forward settled the ball and finished to the bottom right corner. Chris Mueller doubled the lead during stoppage time when he scored from a direct free kick.
Orlando scored a third in the 60th minute. Dike dribbled down the right side before squaring a ball for Tesho Akindele, who tapped in the cross from the center of the box.
Torres pulled a goal back in the 87th minute. Marcelino Moreno delivered a corner kick to the center of the box where Torres headed it past Pedro Gallese. However, Orlando restored it's three-goal lead minutes later when Matheus Aias scored.
Atlanta United (5-12-4, 19 points) returns to action Sunday, Nov. 1 against FC Cincinnati at Mercedes-Benz Stadium (7:00 p.m., FOX Sports Southeast, Sports Radio 92-9 The Game, La Mejor).
Atlanta United 1, Orlando City SC 4
Shots: 15-14 Orlando
Shots on Target: 6-3 Orlando
Corner kicks: 9-2 Atlanta
Fouls committed: 18-10 Atlanta
Clearances: 23-5 Orlando
Offside: 1-0 Atlanta
Possession: 54-46 Atlanta
Passing Accuracy: 89-89
ORL - Daryl Dike 29' (Ruan)
ORL - Chris Mueller 45+2'
ORL - Tesho Akindele 60' (Daryl Dike)
ATL - Cubo Torres 87' (Marcelino Moreno)
ORL - Matheus Aias 90+2'
ATL - Fernando Meza 45+1' (yellow)
ATL - Eric Remedi 81' (yellow)
ORL - Benji Michel 88' (yellow)
ATL - Mo Adams 90+1' (yellow)
ATLANTA UNITED STARTING LINEUP
Brad Guzan ©; Fernando Meza, George Bello, Anton Walkes (Brooks Lennon - 50'), Laurence Wyke; Matheus Rossetto (Eric Remedi - 76'), Mo Adams; Marcelino Moreno, Jürgen Damm (Jon Gallagher - 72'), Ezequiel Barco (Jake Mulraney - 72'); Adam Jahn (Erick Torres - 72').
Substitutes not used: George Campbell, Alec Kann, Jeff Larentowicz, Emerson Hyndman.
ORLANDO CITY SC STARTING LINEUP
Pedro Gallese; AntÃ´nio Carlos, Kamal Miller, Ruan, Robin Jansson; Joey Dezart (Jhegson Méndez - 68'), JÃºnior Urso, Chris Mueller (Alexander Alvarado - 79'), Nani © (Benji Michel - 62'); Tesho Akindele (Andrés Perea - 62'), Daryl Dike (Matheus Aias - 78').
Substitutes not used: Rodrigo Schlegel, Brian Rowe, Kyle Smith, Alex De John.
Alex Chilowicz, (referee), Ian McKay (assistant), Matthew Osterhouse (assistant), Matt Thompson (fourth), Jose Carlos Rivero (VAR).
Cubo Torres scored his first goal for the club.
Marcelino Moreno recorded his first assist for the club.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from October 28, 2020
- Inter Miami CF Falls to FC Dallas 2-1 on the Road - Inter Miami CF
- Cory Burke scores game winner: Union remain first place in Eastern Conference - Philadelphia Union
- MNUFC Win Second Straight with 2-1 over Rapids at Home - Minnesota United FC
- FC Dallas Earns 2-1 Comeback Win against Inter Miami CF at Toyota Stadium - FC Dallas
- LAFC Statement on Positive Covid-19 Case - Los Angeles FC
- D.C. United Win 1-0 against Columbus Crew SC at Audi Field - D.C. United
- Nashville SC Clinches Berth in Audi MLS Cup Playoffs - Nashville SC
- Orlando City Earns 4-1 Win over Atlanta United - Orlando City SC
- Notes & Quotes: Toronto FC 0 - 1 New York City FC - New York City FC
- 10-Man Chicago Fire Narrowly Falls 2-1 to Philadelphia Union at Subaru Park - Chicago Fire
- Atlanta United Falls 4-1 at Orlando City SC - Atlanta United FC
- FCC wrap five-season run at Nippert Stadium - FC Cincinnati
- Red Bulls Clinch 11th-Straight MLS Cup Playoff Berth; Defeat New England, 1-0 - New York Red Bulls
- New York City FC (1) - Toronto FC (0) Post Match Summary - Toronto FC
- Revolution Fall, 1-0, to New York Red Bulls - New England Revolution
- Late Own Goal Dooms Rapids - Colorado Rapids
- Sporting Seals Playoff Berth in Win at FC Cincinnati - Sporting Kansas City
- MNUFC Confirms COVID-19 Case - Minnesota United FC
- Timbers Play Host to LA Galaxy Tonight at Providence Park - Portland Timbers
- FC Dallas Statement on Reto Ziegler - FC Dallas
- Earthquakes Face Real Salt Lake Tonight - San Jose Earthquakes
- MLS to Honor Top Rising Star with the AT&T Young Player of the Year Award - MLS
- Columbus Crew SC Defender Josh Williams Suspended - Columbus Crew SC
- Columbus Crew SC Defender Josh Williams Suspended - MLS
- Three Points: Houston Dynamo Face Carlos Vela and LAFC to Open Road Trip - Houston Dynamo
- Nashville SC Playoff Clinching Scenarios: Wednesday, October 28 - Nashville SC
- Ruidiaz and Lodeiro Goals Clinch 12th Straight Postseason Berth for Sounders FC in 2-0 Win over Vancouver - Seattle Sounders FC
- 'Caps fall to Sounders in midweek tilt - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Nashville SC Beats Montreal Impact 1-0, Extends Unbeaten Streak to Four as Playoff Race Heats Up - Nashville SC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Atlanta United FC Stories
- Atlanta United to face Club America on Dec. 16 at 8 p.m. EST in 2020 Scotiabank Concacaf Champions League Quarterfinal
- Atlanta United Announce Year-End Roster Moves
- Atlanta United Announces Provisional Roster for Scotiabank Concacaf Champions League
- Two Atlanta United Players Undergo Successful Post-Season Surgery
- MLS Unveils 2020 Best-Selling Jerseys; Josef Martinez Only Player to Rank Top-Three in Each of the Past Four Seasons