Nashville SC Playoff Clinching Scenarios: Wednesday, October 28
NASHVILLE - Ready to do some scoreboard watching, Nashville?
With Nashville SC's 1-0 win over Montreal Impact last night, the Boys in Gold could potentially clinch an Audi Major League Soccer Cup Playoff spot on Wednesday pending the results of certain matches. You'll want to keep your eye on two in particular: Orlando City SC vs. Atlanta United FC at 6:30 p.m. CT and FC Dallas vs. Inter Miami CF at 7:30 p.m. CT.
Orlando-Atlanta can be seen on Fox Sports 1, while FC Dallas-Inter Miami can be seen on ESPN+.
Nashville SC would clinch a playoff spot with:
Atlanta United LOSS or DRAW
Inter Miami CF LOSS
If that scenario does not play out, Nashville would have the chance to clinch a playoff berth on Saturday night against Chicago Fire FC at Nissan Stadium. Limited tickets are available here.
Entering Wednesday's action, Nashville SC sits in seventh place in the Eastern Conference with 28 points. The top 10 teams in the conference make the playoffs, with seeds 7-10 playing in a play-in round.
Regardless of results across the league, a win on Saturday against Chicago would guarantee Nashville finishes no lower than eighth place, which would be enough to give the Boys in Gold a home playoff match in the play-in round.
Stay tuned to NashvilleSC.com and our social media channels for complete coverage of our playoff push.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from October 28, 2020
- Inter Miami CF Falls to FC Dallas 2-1 on the Road - Inter Miami CF
- Cory Burke scores game winner: Union remain first place in Eastern Conference - Philadelphia Union
- MNUFC Win Second Straight with 2-1 over Rapids at Home - Minnesota United FC
- FC Dallas Earns 2-1 Comeback Win against Inter Miami CF at Toyota Stadium - FC Dallas
- LAFC Statement on Positive Covid-19 Case - Los Angeles FC
- D.C. United Win 1-0 against Columbus Crew SC at Audi Field - D.C. United
- Nashville SC Clinches Berth in Audi MLS Cup Playoffs - Nashville SC
- Orlando City Earns 4-1 Win over Atlanta United - Orlando City SC
- Notes & Quotes: Toronto FC 0 - 1 New York City FC - New York City FC
- 10-Man Chicago Fire Narrowly Falls 2-1 to Philadelphia Union at Subaru Park - Chicago Fire
- Atlanta United Falls 4-1 at Orlando City SC - Atlanta United FC
- FCC wrap five-season run at Nippert Stadium - FC Cincinnati
- Red Bulls Clinch 11th-Straight MLS Cup Playoff Berth; Defeat New England, 1-0 - New York Red Bulls
- New York City FC (1) - Toronto FC (0) Post Match Summary - Toronto FC
- Revolution Fall, 1-0, to New York Red Bulls - New England Revolution
- Late Own Goal Dooms Rapids - Colorado Rapids
- Sporting Seals Playoff Berth in Win at FC Cincinnati - Sporting Kansas City
- MNUFC Confirms COVID-19 Case - Minnesota United FC
- Timbers Play Host to LA Galaxy Tonight at Providence Park - Portland Timbers
- FC Dallas Statement on Reto Ziegler - FC Dallas
- Earthquakes Face Real Salt Lake Tonight - San Jose Earthquakes
- MLS to Honor Top Rising Star with the AT&T Young Player of the Year Award - MLS
- Columbus Crew SC Defender Josh Williams Suspended - Columbus Crew SC
- Columbus Crew SC Defender Josh Williams Suspended - MLS
- Three Points: Houston Dynamo Face Carlos Vela and LAFC to Open Road Trip - Houston Dynamo
- Nashville SC Playoff Clinching Scenarios: Wednesday, October 28 - Nashville SC
- Ruidiaz and Lodeiro Goals Clinch 12th Straight Postseason Berth for Sounders FC in 2-0 Win over Vancouver - Seattle Sounders FC
- 'Caps fall to Sounders in midweek tilt - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Nashville SC Beats Montreal Impact 1-0, Extends Unbeaten Streak to Four as Playoff Race Heats Up - Nashville SC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Nashville SC Stories
- What to Watch for as Nashville SC Faces off against Columbus Crew SC in Eastern Conference Semifinals
- Hany Mukhtar Unlocks Toronto FC; Leads Nashville SC to Second Audi MLS Cup Playoffs Win
- Nashville SC Advances to the Eastern Conference Semifinals in Audi MLS Cup Playoffs with Goal from Daniel Rios
- What to Watch for as Nashville SC Faces Toronto FC in Eastern Conference Quarterfinal
- Nashville SC Shows Its Attacking Quality in 3-0 Playoff Win over Inter Miami CF