Earthquakes Face Real Salt Lake Tonight
SAN JOSE, Calif. - The San Jose Earthquakes (6-8-6; 24 pts.) are facing Real Salt Lake (5-7-7; 22 pts.) tonight at Earthquakes Stadium, presented by Sierra Nevada. The match kicks off at 7:30 p.m. and will be broadcast live on NBC Sports California, KNBR 1050 and 1370 KZSF.
San Jose and RSL are facing off for the second time in 2020, with the Quakes earning a 5-2 win during the MLS is Back Tournament Round of 16 on July 27. With knockout stage matches not counting towards the regular season, tonight's match is the first and only meeting between the two sides during MLS play this season.
The Earthquakes are 4-2-1 with a +5 goal differential since the start of October and have a 4-1-1 all-time record vs. RSL at Earthquakes Stadium, with the only loss coming in 2015.
San Jose and Real Salt Lake occupy eighth and ninth place in the Western Conference, respectively, separated by just two points. With a win, the Earthquakes could move as high as sixth, pending FC Dallas' result tonight vs. Inter Miami CF.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from October 28, 2020
- Inter Miami CF Falls to FC Dallas 2-1 on the Road - Inter Miami CF
- Cory Burke scores game winner: Union remain first place in Eastern Conference - Philadelphia Union
- MNUFC Win Second Straight with 2-1 over Rapids at Home - Minnesota United FC
- FC Dallas Earns 2-1 Comeback Win against Inter Miami CF at Toyota Stadium - FC Dallas
- LAFC Statement on Positive Covid-19 Case - Los Angeles FC
- D.C. United Win 1-0 against Columbus Crew SC at Audi Field - D.C. United
- Nashville SC Clinches Berth in Audi MLS Cup Playoffs - Nashville SC
- Orlando City Earns 4-1 Win over Atlanta United - Orlando City SC
- Notes & Quotes: Toronto FC 0 - 1 New York City FC - New York City FC
- 10-Man Chicago Fire Narrowly Falls 2-1 to Philadelphia Union at Subaru Park - Chicago Fire
- Atlanta United Falls 4-1 at Orlando City SC - Atlanta United FC
- FCC wrap five-season run at Nippert Stadium - FC Cincinnati
- Red Bulls Clinch 11th-Straight MLS Cup Playoff Berth; Defeat New England, 1-0 - New York Red Bulls
- New York City FC (1) - Toronto FC (0) Post Match Summary - Toronto FC
- Revolution Fall, 1-0, to New York Red Bulls - New England Revolution
- Late Own Goal Dooms Rapids - Colorado Rapids
- Sporting Seals Playoff Berth in Win at FC Cincinnati - Sporting Kansas City
- MNUFC Confirms COVID-19 Case - Minnesota United FC
- Timbers Play Host to LA Galaxy Tonight at Providence Park - Portland Timbers
- FC Dallas Statement on Reto Ziegler - FC Dallas
- Earthquakes Face Real Salt Lake Tonight - San Jose Earthquakes
- MLS to Honor Top Rising Star with the AT&T Young Player of the Year Award - MLS
- Columbus Crew SC Defender Josh Williams Suspended - Columbus Crew SC
- Columbus Crew SC Defender Josh Williams Suspended - MLS
- Three Points: Houston Dynamo Face Carlos Vela and LAFC to Open Road Trip - Houston Dynamo
- Nashville SC Playoff Clinching Scenarios: Wednesday, October 28 - Nashville SC
- Ruidiaz and Lodeiro Goals Clinch 12th Straight Postseason Berth for Sounders FC in 2-0 Win over Vancouver - Seattle Sounders FC
- 'Caps fall to Sounders in midweek tilt - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Nashville SC Beats Montreal Impact 1-0, Extends Unbeaten Streak to Four as Playoff Race Heats Up - Nashville SC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent San Jose Earthquakes Stories
- Earthquakes Weekly Update: November 23, 2020
- Quakes eliminated after forcing No. 1 seed to penalty kicks
- Earthquakes Face Sporting KC Today in Round One of the Audi 2020 MLS Cup Playoffs
- Earthquakes Announce Extended Partnership with PG&E and the PG&E Corporation Foundation
- Earthquakes Weekly Update: November 16, 2020