AquaSox Bounce Back, 8-6
EVERETT, Wash. - 11 walks combined with seven RBIs propelled the Everett AquaSox ahead of the Hillsboro Hops, 8-6.
HOW IT HAPPENED
The Hops scored in the bottom of the first inning but didn't hold the lead for long. A Hillsboro throwing error allowed Patrick Frick to tie the game, followed by an RBI single from Carter Bins. Bins led off the fourth inning with a solo shot to right-center field, extending the AquaSox' lead to 3-1.
Hillsboro worked to close the gap in the sixth inning. Tristin English hit a solo home run, but Kelvin Nunez bounced back, striking out three consecutive Hops to end the inning.
Back-to-back walks with bases loaded forced in two more runs for the 'Sox in the sixth inning. Hillsboro earned back both runs in the seventh when Eddie Hernandez hit a two-run homer to right-center field, bringing the score to 5-4.
Corbin Carroll drove in the tying run in the eighth inning, hitting a double to left field. Back-to-back bases-loaded walks and an RBI single put the Frogs ahead again in the bottom of the inning, 8-5. Travis Kuhn closed the game, allowing an RBI single in the top of the ninth and stranding two runners, solidifying the 8-6 victory.
WRAPPING IT UP
At the plate, the AquaSox finished the night with nine hits; Bins delivered both extra-base hits. On the mound, Damon Casetta-Stubbs started, completing four innings with seven strikeouts and one earned run. Nunez pitched three innings with two strikeouts while Kuhn came in for the last two innings, striking out one and allowing one earned run.
Up next, the AquaSox return to Funko Field for Kids Day on Tuesday, August 13 at 11:05 a.m. to take on the Hillsboro Hops for the final game in the series. Group tickets, family outings and ticket packages are available for Tuesday's game! For tickets, visit AquaSox.com/tickets.
• Discuss this story on the Northwest League message board...
Northwest League Stories from August 13, 2019
- Felix Hernandez Set to Return to Funko Field - Everett AquaSox
- Darius and His Doggo: Meet the Hill Family's Service Dog - Eugene Emeralds
- Frogs Walk-Off with Series Win, 6-4 - Everett AquaSox
- Trent Tingelstad Plays Hero - Hillsboro Hops
- Boise Hawks Reschedule Fireworks Show - Boise Hawks
- Diaz Dominant in 3-2 Victory over Eugene - Vancouver Canadians
- Early Lead Fizzles as Errors Hurt Ems in Loss to Canadians - Eugene Emeralds
- Hawks Lose Tight Game 6-5 against Indians - Boise Hawks
- Walking the Frogs, Hops Fall 8-6 - Hillsboro Hops
- AquaSox Bounce Back, 8-6 - Everett AquaSox
- Dust Devils Blank Volcanoes - Tri-City Dust Devils
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Everett AquaSox Stories
- Everett AquaSox Named 2020 NWL Undefeated Champions
- Everett AquaSox 2020 Season Officially Canceled
- Northwest League Delays 2020 Season
- Time Is Almost up Sign up for the Funko Field At-Home 5K TODAY
- Everett AquaSox Join Minor League Baseball's CommUNITY First Campaign