Ams Lose Back-And-Forth Battle with Spokane
The Americans and Chiefs matched up today in Spokane for game four of their 12 game season series. After trading leads throughout the night, the Chiefs ultimately edged out the Americans to take a 4-3 win.
It was Teddy Bear Toss Night at the Spokane Veterans Memorial Arena. Adam Beckman scored the highly anticipated first goal just 41 seconds into the game. After picking the stuffed toys up off the ice, the game resumed with Spokane leading by one. Nick Bowman replied with a goal for the Americans to tie the game before the first intermission. Bowman's goal, his seventh of the season, came as a deflection off a shot from Krystof Hrabik.
Booker Daniel gave the Americans a hot start to the second period with a rocket from the high slot to give Tri-City a lead. Cordel Larson responded for Spokane, but the Americans were able to add another taking a 3-2 lead into the final frame.
Luke Zazula scored the Americans third goal - his first since joining the team last week in a trade with Kamloops.
Luke Zazula scores his first goal since joining Tri-City last week. We have a feeling there will be many more
Zazula's goal was Tri-City's final of the night. The Chiefs added two more to take a final 4-3 victory.
Beck Warm started in net for the Americans. The 20-year-old goaltender stopped 46 of 50 shots faced.
Score: 4-3 SPO
Shots: 50-23 SPO
The Americans return home next Saturday for the annual Fred Meyer/Wireless Vision Teddy Bear Toss at the Toyota Center. Fans are encouraged to bring new or gently used stuffed animals to the game and throw them on the ice when the Americans score their first goal. The donated toys will be distributed to local charities throughout the Mid-Columbia.
• Discuss this story on the Western Hockey League message board...
Western Hockey League Stories from December 8, 2019
- Giants Earn a Teddy Bear Toss Victory Sunday at Rogers Arena - Vancouver Giants
- Silvertips Double Hitmen 6-3 - Calgary Hitmen
- Blazers' Zary Added to Canada's National Junior Team Sport Chek Selection Camp Roster - WHL
- Calgary Hitmen Game Preview - Sunday, December 8 vs. Everett - Calgary Hitmen
- Game Day Hub: December 8 - Portland Winterhawks
- Ams Lose Back-And-Forth Battle with Spokane - Tri-City Americans
- McIndoe Sends the Bears Flying as Oil Kings Capture a Point against Hitmen - Edmonton Oil Kings
- Wolf, Silvertips Blank Medicine Hat, 5-0 - Everett Silvertips
- Rockets Down Blades in Shootout - Saskatoon Blades
- Franchise Record 8,604 Bears Fly in Sold out Chiefs Victory - Spokane Chiefs
- Royals Battle Past Thunderbirds - Victoria Royals
- Tigers Winning Streak Snapped - Medicine Hat Tigers
- Hofer Has Cougars' Number Again: 0 - Prince George Cougars
- ICE Win 7th Home Game in a Row; Beat Kamloops 5-4 in OT - Winnipeg Ice
- Rebels Misfire in Otherwise Strong Third Period, Fall 3-2 to Pats - Red Deer Rebels
- Royals Defeat T-Birds in Second of Back-To-Back Games in Victoria - Seattle Thunderbirds
- Teddy Bear Toss Heroics in Portland - Portland Winterhawks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.