Allen Holds off Sacramento
Logan Allen pitched six shutout innings in his Triple-A debut Saturday, as the El Paso Chihuahuas beat the Sacramento River Cats 2-1. It was the third consecutive low-scoring game, as the two teams have combined for only seven runs in the first three games of the series.
Allen Craig hit a solo home run in the top of the fourth, his 13th homer of the season for the Chihuahuas. El Paso's other run came in the top of the sixth when Raffy Lopez delivered an RBI single. Rowan Wick retired all four batters he saw to record his fourth Triple-A save of the season.
San Francisco Giants first baseman Brandon Belt went 0-for-2 in an injury rehab appearance for Sacramento. El Paso is now 40-11 when scoring first this season. The Chihuahuas gained a game on second place Salt Lake and now sit in first place by 3.5 games in the Southern Division.
Box Score: https://www.milb.com/gameday/chihuahuas-vs-river-cats/2018/08/11/543402#game_state=live,game_tab=,gameT3402
Team Records: El Paso (66-51), Sacramento (47-71)
Next Game: Sunday, 2:05 pm at Raley Field. El Paso RHP Cal Quantrill (1-0, 3.00) vs. Sacramento RHP Shaun Anderson (1-2, 4.88). The game will air on 600 ESPN El Paso and www.epchihuahuas.com.
El Paso 2 Sacramento 1 - Saturday
WP: Allen (1-0)
LP: Johnson (0-6)
S: Wick (4)
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from August 12, 2018
- Rainiers Rally Not Enough, Bees Win 9-7 - Tacoma Rainiers
- Grizzlies smash two homers and six doubles, take 9-4 series finale from Isotopes - Fresno Grizzlies
- Express Split Doubleheader with Storm Chasers - Round Rock Express
- Chasers Split Two in Round Rock - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Sky Sox Swept by Sounds After Falling 9-7 in Extras - Colorado Springs Sky Sox
- River Cats bested by Chihuahuas in pitching duel - Sacramento River Cats
- Sounds Stun Sky Sox, Extend Streak to 13 Games - Nashville Sounds
- Chihuahuas Open Game up Late - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Mooney's Bomb Helps 'Cakes to Series Win - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- 'Cakes Steal Sweet Victory from I-Cubs - Iowa Cubs
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds (74-44) at Oklahoma City Dodgers (61-54) - Memphis Redbirds
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - August 12, 2018 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (63-55) at Colorado Springs Sky Sox (60-56) - Nashville Sounds
- Grizzlies narrowly avoid being no-hit in 10-0 loss to Albuquerque - Fresno Grizzlies
- Allen Holds off Sacramento - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Belt begins rehab as River Cats comeback falls short - Sacramento River Cats
- Bees Fall to Rainiers - Salt Lake Bees
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.