Bees Fall to Rainiers
SALT LAKE CITY - After winning the first two games of a four-game set, the Salt Lake Bees were held off by the Tacoma Rainiers in 4-3 loss Saturday night at Smith's Ballpark.
Trailing 3-1 in the seventh inning, the Bees cut the deficit in half on a triple by Luis Rengifo to bring home Joe Hudson. Salt Lake then tied it up on a single by Matt Thaiss to score Rengifo. Unfortunately, Tacoma scored in the eighth to retake the lead and that was all they need for the win. Rengifo finished the night with two triples, scoring on both hits. Joe Hudson finished with four hits to lead the Bees offense.
Despite the loss, Bees reliever Jeremy Rhoades continued his incredible post-All Star break play by hurling two scoreless innings. That gives Rhoades a team season-long scoreless outings streak of 15.1 innings over 11 appearances. Rhoades represented the Bees in the 2018 Triple-A All-Star Game.
The Bees and the Rainiers will play the final game of the four-game series Sunday at 6:05 p.m. at Smith's Ballpark. Tickets are available at slbees.com.
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from August 12, 2018
- Rainiers Rally Not Enough, Bees Win 9-7 - Tacoma Rainiers
- Grizzlies smash two homers and six doubles, take 9-4 series finale from Isotopes - Fresno Grizzlies
- Express Split Doubleheader with Storm Chasers - Round Rock Express
- Chasers Split Two in Round Rock - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Sky Sox Swept by Sounds After Falling 9-7 in Extras - Colorado Springs Sky Sox
- River Cats bested by Chihuahuas in pitching duel - Sacramento River Cats
- Sounds Stun Sky Sox, Extend Streak to 13 Games - Nashville Sounds
- Chihuahuas Open Game up Late - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Mooney's Bomb Helps 'Cakes to Series Win - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- 'Cakes Steal Sweet Victory from I-Cubs - Iowa Cubs
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds (74-44) at Oklahoma City Dodgers (61-54) - Memphis Redbirds
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - August 12, 2018 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (63-55) at Colorado Springs Sky Sox (60-56) - Nashville Sounds
- Grizzlies narrowly avoid being no-hit in 10-0 loss to Albuquerque - Fresno Grizzlies
- Allen Holds off Sacramento - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Belt begins rehab as River Cats comeback falls short - Sacramento River Cats
- Bees Fall to Rainiers - Salt Lake Bees
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.