Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (63-55) at Colorado Springs Sky Sox (60-56)
Game #119: Nashville Sounds (63-55) at Colorado Springs Sky Sox (60-56)
Pitching Matchup: LHP Jesus Luzardo (1-0, 0.00) vs. RHP Alec Asher (6-3, 5.25)
First Pitch: 2:30 CST
Radio: ALT 97.5 FM
TV: MiLB TV
From the Notes
Twelve Looking for Thirteen: The Sounds are on a season-best 12-game winning streak. It's second longest winning streak for the franchise in the Pacific Coast League era (1998-present). The longest winning streak for the Sounds in the PCL era is 15 games from June 2-20, 1999. Nashville has outscored its opponents 67-32 during the 12-game stretch and have not trailed in any of their last six games. The 12-game winning streak is the longest current streak in professional baseball.
Fast Starts: The Sounds scored two runs in the first inning of last night's game and have scored in the first inning six times during their current 12-game winning streak. Nashville has scored first in eight of the 12 games.
Leaderboard: Several Nashville Sounds are among the PCL leaders in offensive categories since their 12-game winning streak began on July 29. In that time Dustin Fowler is among the leaders in batting average (1st, .529), on-base percentage (3rd, .556), OPS (3rd, 1.291), hits (T-4th, 18), total bases (14th, 25), and runs (T-15th, 9). Steve Lombardozzi is among the leaders in runs (1st, 17), walks (1st, 12), hits (T-1st, 20), on-base percentage (2nd, .561), and batting average (4th, .455). Anthony Garcia is among the leaders in walks (T-4th, 8), and RBI (T-6th, 11). Sheldon Neuse is among the leaders in RBI (T-6th, 11) and hits (T-12th, 15).
Rise and Fall: Since the 12-game winning streak began on July 29 Nashville's team batting average has risen from .257 to .263. while its ERA has dropped from 4.17 to 4.01.
Elevated Levels: Today Jesus Luzardo will get his first real test at elevation in his career. Colorado Springs is 6,035 feet above sea level. Just six of the 32 games Luzardo has pitched in in his professional career have come in a city with an elevation of more than 1,000 feet. The highest elevation he has pitched at is 1,322 feet in Springdale, Arkansas this season when he was with Double-A Midland against the Northwest Arkansas Travelers. In those six games at elevation Luzardo is 2-1 with a 0.76 ERA (23.2 IP/2 ER) and 33 strikeouts.
What's the word around Nashville?
Nashville Sounds (@nashvillesounds)
Mondays are better as @kroger Plus Mondays. Stop by the Box Office to get your 4 pack of tickets, 4 fountain drinks & 4 hot dogs for tomorrow's home game: https://atmilb.com/2I7fCvZ
ICYMI: Ramon Laureano threw a 321-foot FROZEN ROPE https://twitter.com/SportsCenter/status/1028631421513093121
Athletics Farm (@AthleticsFarm)
A's Prospect of the Day is DH Anthony Garcia who drove in all 3 of his team's runs to help @nashvillesounds win their 12th straight on Saturday... http://athleticsfarm.com
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from August 12, 2018
- Rainiers Rally Not Enough, Bees Win 9-7 - Tacoma Rainiers
- Grizzlies smash two homers and six doubles, take 9-4 series finale from Isotopes - Fresno Grizzlies
- Express Split Doubleheader with Storm Chasers - Round Rock Express
- Chasers Split Two in Round Rock - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Sky Sox Swept by Sounds After Falling 9-7 in Extras - Colorado Springs Sky Sox
- River Cats bested by Chihuahuas in pitching duel - Sacramento River Cats
- Sounds Stun Sky Sox, Extend Streak to 13 Games - Nashville Sounds
- Chihuahuas Open Game up Late - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Mooney's Bomb Helps 'Cakes to Series Win - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- 'Cakes Steal Sweet Victory from I-Cubs - Iowa Cubs
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds (74-44) at Oklahoma City Dodgers (61-54) - Memphis Redbirds
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - August 12, 2018 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (63-55) at Colorado Springs Sky Sox (60-56) - Nashville Sounds
- Grizzlies narrowly avoid being no-hit in 10-0 loss to Albuquerque - Fresno Grizzlies
- Allen Holds off Sacramento - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Belt begins rehab as River Cats comeback falls short - Sacramento River Cats
- Bees Fall to Rainiers - Salt Lake Bees
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Nashville Sounds Stories
- Sounds and Texas Rangers Announce Four-Year Player Development Contract
- Sounds Rally to Win 2018 Season Finale
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Memphis Redbirds (83-56) at Nashville Sounds (71-68)
- Redbirds Squeak Past Sounds
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Memphis Redbirds (82-56) at Nashville Sounds (71-67)