Akron Aeros Receive Player Jason Kipnis
The Akron Aeros made a roster move today as IF Jason Kipnis was received from Class A Kinston. This transaction completes the roster at 24 men.
Kipnis earns the promotion after ranking second on the K-Tribe with a .300 batting average in 54 games thus far this season. The Indians selected Kipnis in the second round of the June 2009 Draft out of Arizona State University and he made his professional debut last August, appearing in 29 games for short-season Class A Mahoning Valley. He has played 46 games at second base this year after primarily playing the outfield for Mahoning Valley and at Arizona State.
An updated roster and transactions page are attached. No word yet on what number Kipnis will be wearing for the Aeros and that information will be included in tonight's media notes. Akron is in the middle of a weeklong home stand at Canal Park and owns the longest active winning streak in professional baseball at nine straight games.
• Discuss this story on the Eastern League message board...
Eastern League Stories from June 10, 2010
- Aeros Hold on Late, Win 10th Straight, 4-3 - Akron RubberDucks
- Curve Win First Game, No-Hit by Senators in Second on Thursday - Altoona Curve
- Thunder Edge Reading, 9-7 - Trenton Thunder
- Rock Cats Avoid Squirrels Sweep with 6-5 Win - Richmond Flying Squirrels
- Senators No-Hit Altoona in Game 2 of Doubleheader - Harrisburg Senators
- Fisher Cats Late Rally Falls Short in Akron - New Hampshire Fisher Cats
- Weber Hurls Gem, But 'Wolves Fall - Erie SeaWolves
- 'Dogs Sweep 'Wolves - Portland Sea Dogs
- Strasburg Newest Senator in the Big Leagues - Harrisburg Senators
- Baysox Swept in Doubleheader - Bowie Baysox
- B-Mets Sweep Twin Bill with Bowie to Reach .500 Mark - Binghamton Rumble Ponies
- Aeros Notes - Akron RubberDucks
- Three Evenings of Fun with the Senators - Harrisburg Senators
- Rock Cats Have Two Roster Transactions - New Britain Rock Cats
- Richmond Flying Squirrels Game Notes - Richmond Flying Squirrels
- Baysox Celebrate Father's Day - Bowie Baysox
- Ryan Ouellette Moved to Aberdeen, Zach Clark Joins Bowie - Bowie Baysox
- Sea Dogs Homestand Preview: June 15-June 20 - Portland Sea Dogs
- Akron Aeros Receive Player Jason Kipnis - Akron RubberDucks
- Baysox Present Bergesen Bobblehead - Bowie Baysox
- Environmental Awareness Fair Returns To Trenton Next Week - Trenton Thunder
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.