AirHogs Score Four Late to Beat Diablos
El Paso- In a game of lead changes the AirHogs found themselves with the most important one, winning an 8-7 ballgame against the El Paso Diablos Sunday night at Cohen Stadium. The victory comes in another ninth inning comeback, something the AirHogs are becoming very comfortable with. The AirHogs were able to score three runs in the top of the ninth. Brian Myrow went 2-for-4 on the day and scored twice. His most unusual contribution was being safe on an error by second baseman Jose Garcia allowing Keanon Simon to score. Simon went 2-for-4 as well on the day scoring three times. Driving two of the four runs in the ninth was Ryan Pineda who hit a triple scoring both Myrow and Brandon Pinckney.
A third of an inning was all Justin Dowdy needed to throw to earn the win for the AirHogs. He came in the middle of the eighth inning and got the final out of the eighth leaving the Diablos with only seven runs. Patrick Mincey then came in the game and threw a perfect inning earning his third save of the year. Mincey only allowed one hit in the ninth which was too little, too late for the Diablos.
The AirHogs have the day off Monday after stealing the series from the Diablos. They will be back in Grand Prairie on Tuesday against the Laredo Lemurs for a two game series. First pitch is at 7:05 P.M.
• Discuss this story on the American Association message board...
American Association Stories from June 10, 2013
- Diablos lose first of a three game series - El Paso Diablos
- Late Explorers Rally Falls Short In Loss To Kansas City - Sioux City Explorers
- T-Bones Hang on and Give Gonzalez First Win - Kansas City T-Bones
- Notable Home Runs Not Enough in Loss to Winnipeg - Wichita Wingnuts
- Lincoln Outlasts Canaries Before Sellout Crowd at Birdcage - Sioux Falls Canaries
- Scrappy Saltdogs Even up Late, Win in Extras - Lincoln Saltdogs
- History Repeats Itself as Saints Lose 1-0 to RedHawks - St. Paul Saints
- Coombs Cruises in RailCats Win over Quebec - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Weekly Sports League and Franchise Report - OSC Original by Dan Krieger
- Bywater Named American Association Pitcher of the Week - Lincoln Saltdogs
- Carroll Named American Association Player of theWeek - Laredo Lemurs
- League's Top Bat Raben Signs with Kansas City Royals - Lincoln Saltdogs
- Serrano's Contract Sold to Diamondbacks - Laredo Lemurs
- Wichita Wingnuts Game Notes - June 10th, 2013 - Wichita Wingnuts
- Wingnuts Add Older Rookie - Wichita Wingnuts
- T-Bones Change July 31 Game Time - Kansas City T-Bones
- Redhawks Acquire OF Einertson - Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks
- Goldeyes Acquire Graham, Place Smith on Waivers - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- AirHogs Score Four Late to Beat Diablos - Grand Prairie AirHogs
- Williamson Pitches Lemurs to Victory - Laredo Lemurs
- American Association Recaps - AA
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Grand Prairie AirHogs Stories
- Weekend Ballpark Parking Announced
- AirHogs Outduel Lemurs
- AirHogs Rally late to Beat ThunderHeads
- Even Year Old Heart Recipient Throws Out Ceremonial First Pitch
- AirHogs Walk Over Lemurs