Admirals Fall to Monsters 4-2
Hartland, WI-The Milwaukee Admirals jumped out to a 2-0 over the Lake Erie Monsters on Thursday night, but surrendered four unanswered goals and fell to the Monsters 4-2. The loss evens the Ads record at 1-1 in the pre-season.
Travis Fuller put the Admirals up 1-0 at the 6:37 mark of the first period when he beat Lake Erie goalie Mike Wall. Tyler Mosienko made it two-zip Milwaukee just over seven minutes later with his first marker of the exhibition schedule.
David Jones pulled the Monsters to within one on a goal with less than five minutes to play in the first, before Lake Erie got a pair of markers, scored by Justin Corbin and Mike McCutcheon, in the second stanza to grab a lead they would not relinquish.
Maxime Daigneault, playing the first two periods, stopped 10 of 13 shots for the Admirals before giving way to Dov Grumet-Morris in the third. Grumet-Morris swatted aside all five shots he saw.
Wall lived up to his name for the Mosters, denying the Admirals on 30 of 32 shots, including 18 of 20 in the first period.
Milwaukee will finish their exhibition slate this Saturday versus the Chicago Wolves at 7:00 pm at the Kern Center on the campus of the Milwaukee School of Engineering. Tickets for the game are just $10.
The Admirals will open the 2007-08 season in Peoria on October 6th with the home opener slated for Friday, October 12th at 7:00 pm against the Quad City Flames at the Bradley Center. Individual tickets can be purchased by calling Ticketmaster at (414) 276-4545 or by logging on to www.ticketmaster.com. For more information fans can call the Admirals office at (414) 227-0550 or visit the Admirals website at http://www.milwaukeeadmirals.com/.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from September 27, 2007
- Admirals Fall to Monsters 4-2 - Milwaukee Admirals
- Former Penguin Darcy Robinson Passes Away - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Rampage Trim Eight From Roster - San Antonio Rampage
- Blues Assign Four To Rivermen - Peoria Rivermen
- Moose Assign Seven, Release Six from Training Camp Roster - Manitoba Moose
- IceHogs set up fan bus for opener in Quad City - Rockford IceHogs
- The Stanley Cup is Coming to Maine - Portland Pirates
- Wolf Pack Make Roster Moves - Connecticut Whale
- Two players reassigned to Aeros - Houston Aeros
- Griffins Break Camp in Detroit - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Edmonton Oilers Reassign Four Players To Springfield - Springfield Falcons
- Sharks announce Rbk EDGE Uniform - Worcester Sharks
- Sharks launch "Be a Leader" program - Worcester Sharks
- 2007 AHL MVP Haydar Among Six Assigned to Wolves - Chicago Wolves
- Bulldogs And Juravinski Cancer Centre Announce Pink In The Rink On Sunday, October 21st! - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Griffins Sign Galvin and Clark to PTOs - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Edmonton Oilers Reassign 9 Players To Springfield - Springfield Falcons
- Sound Tigers Pack Punch In 3-1 Victory - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.