Griffins Break Camp in Detroit
GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. - With the conclusion of Thursday's practice at Joe Louis Arena, the Grand Rapids Griffins have officially concluded their joint training camp with the Detroit Red Wings. After skating alongside the Red Wings since the start of the rookie tournament in Traverse City on Sept. 7, the Griffins will commence regular practices in Grand Rapids beginning this Saturday, Sept. 29.
The Griffins will practice at Griff's IceHouse at Belknap Park each day as they prepare for their season opener on Saturday, Oct. 6 in Cleveland versus the Lake Erie Monsters. The current schedule calls for Grand Rapids to skate at 10:30 a.m. this Saturday, at 9:30 a.m. on Sunday, and at 10 a.m. on Monday through Thursday of next week. All practice sessions are open to the public.
Head coach Mike Stothers and assistant coach Jim Paek are expected to have at least 16 players on hand for Saturday's practice, including nine Red Wings prospects: goaltender Adam Berkhoel, defensemen Brad Ference, Jakub Kindl and Garrett Stafford, and forwards Carl Corazzini, Mark Cullen, Brett Engelhardt, Randall Gelech and Ryan Oulahen. In addition, seven Griffins-contracted players will be present, including defensemen Tom Galvin, Jon Insana and Cleve Kinley, and forwards Neil Clark, Adam Keefe, Jamie Tardif and Mike Walsh.
After opening the 2007-08 regular season with three straight road games, the Griffins will make their Van Andel Arena debut on Saturday, Oct. 20 against the Rockford IceHogs at 7 p.m. Group tickets for all home games, along with full season, 20-game, 10-game and five-game ticket packages, are currently available by calling the Griffins at (616) 774-4585. Single-game tickets can be purchased online at griffinshockey.com, in person at any Star Tickets Plus outlet, including The Zone and Meijer stores, or by phone at (616) 222-4000.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from September 27, 2007
- Admirals Fall to Monsters 4-2 - Milwaukee Admirals
- Former Penguin Darcy Robinson Passes Away - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Rampage Trim Eight From Roster - San Antonio Rampage
- Blues Assign Four To Rivermen - Peoria Rivermen
- Moose Assign Seven, Release Six from Training Camp Roster - Manitoba Moose
- IceHogs set up fan bus for opener in Quad City - Rockford IceHogs
- The Stanley Cup is Coming to Maine - Portland Pirates
- Wolf Pack Make Roster Moves - Connecticut Whale
- Two players reassigned to Aeros - Houston Aeros
- Griffins Break Camp in Detroit - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Edmonton Oilers Reassign Four Players To Springfield - Springfield Falcons
- Sharks announce Rbk EDGE Uniform - Worcester Sharks
- Sharks launch "Be a Leader" program - Worcester Sharks
- 2007 AHL MVP Haydar Among Six Assigned to Wolves - Chicago Wolves
- Bulldogs And Juravinski Cancer Centre Announce Pink In The Rink On Sunday, October 21st! - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Griffins Sign Galvin and Clark to PTOs - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Edmonton Oilers Reassign 9 Players To Springfield - Springfield Falcons
- Sound Tigers Pack Punch In 3-1 Victory - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.