Sharks launch "Be a Leader" program
WORCESTER - Worcester Sharks President and CEO Michael T. Lehr announced today that the organization has entered into a partnership with the Law Firm of Abigail Williams and Associates, PC. Together, the two organizations will develop an unprecedented community program entitled "Be A Leader."
The "Be A Leader" program is designed to provide students between the grades of 4-6 with leadership tips to enrich their lives as well as others around them. Sharks defenseman and assistant captain Dan Spang will be spokesperson for the program and will speak to many students in the Central Massachusetts region about making smart decisions. Spang, a Winchester native and a Boston University graduate will appear in television and radio commercials as well as print advertising to provide leadership tips to local youths in the area.
"We feel the Be A Leader program has the ability to change the lives of young children who are at an impressionable age," said Lehr. "In partnership with the Law Firm of Abigail Williams and Associates, together this program can and will teach strong leadership values to our youth.
"We are excited to be able to begin this program and make it successful."
This exceptional "Be A Leader" program will make a minimum of two school appearances throughout the months of October to March. The program gathers students in a large assembly format where Dan Spang and select Sharks staff will speak to students about leadership qualities and ways to better one's life.
Each participant in the program receives one ticket to an upcoming 2007-08 regular season Sharks home game, a Dan Spang autographed tip card and a "Be A Leader" promotional item.
"Our law firm could not be happier with the opportunity to partner with the Worcester Sharks," said Abby Williams, principal of the Law Firm of Abigail Williams and Associates. "The Be A Leader program was a collaborative effort that I feel kids in the Central Mass region will benefit from immensely."
For more information regarding the Worcester Sharks Be A Leader program, please visit Sharksahl.com.
Sharks season ticket packages for the 2007-08 regular season are on sale now by calling the Sharks offices at 508.929.0500 or Crash the Net at Sharksahl.com.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from September 27, 2007
- Admirals Fall to Monsters 4-2 - Milwaukee Admirals
- Former Penguin Darcy Robinson Passes Away - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Rampage Trim Eight From Roster - San Antonio Rampage
- Blues Assign Four To Rivermen - Peoria Rivermen
- Moose Assign Seven, Release Six from Training Camp Roster - Manitoba Moose
- IceHogs set up fan bus for opener in Quad City - Rockford IceHogs
- The Stanley Cup is Coming to Maine - Portland Pirates
- Wolf Pack Make Roster Moves - Connecticut Whale
- Two players reassigned to Aeros - Houston Aeros
- Griffins Break Camp in Detroit - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Edmonton Oilers Reassign Four Players To Springfield - Springfield Falcons
- Sharks announce Rbk EDGE Uniform - Worcester Sharks
- Sharks launch "Be a Leader" program - Worcester Sharks
- 2007 AHL MVP Haydar Among Six Assigned to Wolves - Chicago Wolves
- Bulldogs And Juravinski Cancer Centre Announce Pink In The Rink On Sunday, October 21st! - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Griffins Sign Galvin and Clark to PTOs - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Edmonton Oilers Reassign 9 Players To Springfield - Springfield Falcons
- Sound Tigers Pack Punch In 3-1 Victory - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.