Bulldogs And Juravinski Cancer Centre Announce Pink In The Rink On Sunday, October 21st!
HAMILTON, ON - The Hamilton Bulldogs, in conjunction with the Juravinski Cancer Program at Hamilton Health Sciences, announced today that they will present "Pink in the Rink" on Sunday, October 21st, 2007 when the Bulldogs host the Manitoba Moose at Copps Coliseum at 4:00 p.m.
In the spirit of Breast Cancer Awareness month in October, fans in attendance at the game will receive pink thundersticks and have an opportunity to purchase pink Bulldogs hats for $20. Proceeds from the sale of "Pink in the Rink" hats will support the new Breast Diagnostic Assessment Unit at Juravinski Cancer Centre.
"The Hamilton Bulldogs are once again happy to reach out into the community and partner with the Juravinski Cancer Centre and Foundation in providing this worthwhile community initiative," said Hamilton Bulldogs president Glenn Stanford. "Pink in the Rink promises to be a FANtastic afternoon and we encourage everybody to participate and support this cause," added Stanford.
"The Juravinski Cancer Centre and Foundation are grateful that the Hamilton Bulldogs are supporting the Breast Assessment Centre. This important initiative will make a tremendous difference in the lives of women in Hamilton and we're looking forward to a great game," said Dr. Bill Evans, President of the Juravinski Cancer Centre.
The Juravinski Cancer Centre's new Breast Assessment Centre will be the most comprehensive and up-to-date breast assessment facility in the region, and one of only a few such centres in Ontario. The Centre will extend the same 'gold standard' of care that is currently offered by the Ontario Breast Screening Program (OBSP) to women who are not part of the OBSP. These include:
women over 50 years of age who are currently receiving mammography at a non-OBSP centre
women who are under the age of 50 who have symptoms of breast cancer
women who have breast cancer and are being followed-up
women who are at high risk of breast cancer due to genetics.
When these women require breast assessment, they often wait days, weeks or even months for referrals, appointments and tests -- and along with that, comes the anxiety, stress and fear of thinking they might have breast cancer. The Juravinski Cancer Centre's new Breast Assessment Centre, to be located in Hamilton, will include experts in surgery, radiology and pathology to ensure that all women receive quick access and rapid diagnostic assessment.
Established in August 2007, the Bulldogs Foundation, a charitable arm of the Hamilton Bulldogs organization, was formed using the unique talents, resources and capabilities of the Hamilton Bulldogs players, families, employees, shareholders and AHL affiliate Montreal Canadiens. The objective of the Foundation is to strengthen and broaden the base of the Hamilton Bulldogs support in the community by providing funds to non-profit community groups and by supporting educational programs. The Bulldogs Foundation is committed to enriching the Greater Hamilton community through the resources of the Hamilton Bulldogs and corporate and community partners.
The defending American Hockey League Calder Cup Champion Hamilton Bulldogs 2007-2008 home opener will take place on Friday, October 12th, 2007 at 7:30 p.m. versus the Rochester Americans. For more information or to purchase Hamilton Bulldogs season tickets call 905-529-8500, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.hamiltonbulldogs.com.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from September 27, 2007
- Admirals Fall to Monsters 4-2 - Milwaukee Admirals
- Former Penguin Darcy Robinson Passes Away - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Rampage Trim Eight From Roster - San Antonio Rampage
- Blues Assign Four To Rivermen - Peoria Rivermen
- Moose Assign Seven, Release Six from Training Camp Roster - Manitoba Moose
- IceHogs set up fan bus for opener in Quad City - Rockford IceHogs
- The Stanley Cup is Coming to Maine - Portland Pirates
- Wolf Pack Make Roster Moves - Connecticut Whale
- Two players reassigned to Aeros - Houston Aeros
- Griffins Break Camp in Detroit - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Edmonton Oilers Reassign Four Players To Springfield - Springfield Falcons
- Sharks announce Rbk EDGE Uniform - Worcester Sharks
- Sharks launch "Be a Leader" program - Worcester Sharks
- 2007 AHL MVP Haydar Among Six Assigned to Wolves - Chicago Wolves
- Bulldogs And Juravinski Cancer Centre Announce Pink In The Rink On Sunday, October 21st! - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Griffins Sign Galvin and Clark to PTOs - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Edmonton Oilers Reassign 9 Players To Springfield - Springfield Falcons
- Sound Tigers Pack Punch In 3-1 Victory - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.