Sharks announce Rbk EDGE Uniform
WORCESTER - Worcester Sharks President and CEO Michael T. Lehr, in conjunction with the American Hockey League, unveiled the club's new jerseys for 2007-08 as part of Reebok's new Rbk EDGE Uniform System. All 29 teams in the AHL, as well as all 30 teams in the National Hockey League, will wear the new uniforms this season as part of the Rbk program.
This league-wide uniform innovation was established by Reebok with the National Hockey League earlier this year with performance and safety at the forefront of the design process. After more than two years of research and testing, the Rbk EDGE Uniform System will debut this fall in only two leagues worldwide: the NHL and the American Hockey League.
Featuring technologically advanced materials and fabrics that are more breathable and more resistant to water absorption and that offer greater range of movement, the Rbk EDGE Uniform System provides comfort and improved compatibility with equipment while helping to enhance player performance. Highlights include:
Four lighter fabrics incorporated in the jersey, pants and socks to keep players drier while also adding increased durability to the uniform
The jerseys' stretch fabric in the collar features Rbk's innovative Playdry moisture management technology to maximize comfort, breathability and temperature control
The stretch mesh in areas including the underarms and back provides additional range of motion and increased ventilation
4Way Stretch Pique features Rbk's latest innovation, Bead Away water repellent technology, offering freedom of movement while retaining 76 percent less moisture than current AHL jerseys
X-trafil is incorporated into high-abrasion areas such as the shoulders and elbows to provide increased durability
The Sharks open the season on October 6th in Springfield against the Falcons before heading home to the DCU Center for the home opener on October 13th vs. the Portland Pirates. Season Ticket Packages are available by Crashing the Net at Sharksahl.com or by calling the Sharks offices at 508.929.0500.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from September 27, 2007
- Admirals Fall to Monsters 4-2 - Milwaukee Admirals
- Former Penguin Darcy Robinson Passes Away - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Rampage Trim Eight From Roster - San Antonio Rampage
- Blues Assign Four To Rivermen - Peoria Rivermen
- Moose Assign Seven, Release Six from Training Camp Roster - Manitoba Moose
- IceHogs set up fan bus for opener in Quad City - Rockford IceHogs
- The Stanley Cup is Coming to Maine - Portland Pirates
- Wolf Pack Make Roster Moves - Connecticut Whale
- Two players reassigned to Aeros - Houston Aeros
- Griffins Break Camp in Detroit - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Edmonton Oilers Reassign Four Players To Springfield - Springfield Falcons
- Sharks announce Rbk EDGE Uniform - Worcester Sharks
- Sharks launch "Be a Leader" program - Worcester Sharks
- 2007 AHL MVP Haydar Among Six Assigned to Wolves - Chicago Wolves
- Bulldogs And Juravinski Cancer Centre Announce Pink In The Rink On Sunday, October 21st! - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Griffins Sign Galvin and Clark to PTOs - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Edmonton Oilers Reassign 9 Players To Springfield - Springfield Falcons
- Sound Tigers Pack Punch In 3-1 Victory - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.