Admirals Add Four New Faces
Norfolk, VA. - The Norfolk Admirals added a quartet of players on Wednesday afternoon signing forwards Jordan Haskell and Ben Greiner, as well as defensemen Zane Schartz and Alec Brandrup.
Haskell and Greiner both join the Admirals after concluding their senior seasons with the Hobart College Statesmen. Haskell, a 6'0, 190 lb forward, was an alternate captain for the Statesmen in his final season with the program. A native of Freeport, ME, Haskell finished his college career setting a career high with 17 points (9g, 8a) in 26 games. The forward finished his college career with 44 points (18g, 26a) in 91 games.
Greiner captained the Statesmen in his final season, leading the team to an 18-6-5 record and a fourth consecutive New England Hockey Conference Tournament championship. The forward spent two seasons at Hobart recording 33 points (13g, 20a) in 57 games after beginning his college career with Bowling Green State University. The Faribault, MN native appeared in 11 games with the Falcons, netting three points all goals.
Brandrup, who joins the Admirals from Norwich University, was a teammate with Ty Reichenbach on the Cadets 2017 NCAA DIII National Championship team. A native of Rochester, MN, Brandrup spent four seasons with Norwich and was named team captain in his final season. The defenseman notched 57 points (15g, 42a) in 108 games.
Schartz, who joins the Admirals on an ATO, played the last three seasons with Liberty University (ACHA Division 1). The Plano, TX native led all ACHA defensemen in scoring this season with 59 points (23g, 36a) in 35 games in addition to a plus 14 rating. In three seasons with Liberty, Schartz averaged 1.30 points per game, netting 129 points (48g, 81a) in 99 games. Prior to joining the Eagles, Schartz played three seasons in the BCHL split between Surrey, West Kelowna, and Trail.
In corresponding moves Matt McMorrow and Balazs Goz were placed on reserve.
All four players will be available when the Admirals take on the Greenville Swamp Rabbits on Friday, March 17 at 7:00 pm.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from March 13, 2018
- Wings Victims of Brampton's Timely Outburst - Kalamazoo Wings
- Vladar Strong in Gladiators 4-2 Win over Idaho - Atlanta Gladiators
- Steven Whitney Named ECHL Player of the Week - South Carolina Stingrays
- Royals Prepare for Ft. Wayne and Announce Signing of Liljegren - Reading Royals
- Walleye Add Defenseman - Toledo Walleye
- Motte Returns to Mallards - Quad City Mallards
- ECHL Transactions - March 13 - ECHL
- Steelheads Weekly Report - Idaho Steelheads
- Defenseman Eric Baier to Lace Skates up Again for Solar Bears - Orlando Solar Bears
- Swamp Rabbits Weekly - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- South Carolina's Whitney Named Sher-Wood Athletics Group/ECHL Player of the Week - ECHL
- Nailers to Join Central Division in 2018-19 - Wheeling Nailers
- Admirals Add Four New Faces - Norfolk Admirals
- Steelheads Game Day Storylines at Atlanta - Idaho Steelheads
- Walleye Weekly - Toledo Walleye
- Rochester Recalls Johansson - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Tomas Sholl Named CCM ECHL Goaltender of the Week - Idaho Steelheads
- Flyers Loan G Anthony Stolarz to Royals - Reading Royals
- Idaho's Sholl Named CCM/ECHL Goaltender of the Week - ECHL
- Mavericks to Return to Mountain Division in 2018-19 - Kansas City Mavericks
- ECHL Board of Governors Approves Changes for 2018-19 Season - ECHL
- St. John's Joins the ECHL - Newfoundland Growlers
- Quad City Mallards to Cease Operations - Quad City Mallards
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Norfolk Admirals Stories
- Ten Countries to be Represented When 2018 Training Camp Opens on September 28
- Admirals Agree to Terms with Forward Connor Hurley
- Reed Named Public Relations Manager and Broadcaster for the Norfolk Admirals
- Cammarata Acquired by the Norfolk Admirals
- Admirals Add Forward Gialedakis