Swamp Rabbits Weekly
THREE OUT OF FOUR
The Greenville Swamp Rabbits (21-33-7-1), proud ECHL affiliate of the New York Rangers and the AHL's Hartford Wolf Pack, ended the club's skid with a win on Friday night over the South Carolina Stingrays (39-13-6-1) and posted a 1-1-2-0 record in four games. Greenville has now taken points in five of the last eight games. Evan Jasper led the club during the week with six points including a game-winning goal on Friday night to seal the Swamp Rabbits victory. Tuesday marked Dawson Leedahl's third three-point night of the season while Matt Prapavessis also lit the lamp on Tuesday to extend the game to overtime. Rookie forward J.T. Henke tallied his first two pro goals on Friday and Saturday and Shane Walsh tallied both of Greenville's goal on Sunday afternoon to round out the week. Goaltender Brandon Halverson appeared in two games, stopping 64 of 69 shots and earning a 1-0-1-0 record.
Evan Jasper - 4 GP | 6 PTS (2G, 4A), 17 Shots
The Swamp Rabbits top scoring rookie paved the way this week with six points. Jasper notched a pair of three-point performances on Tuesday and Friday night. The Whitby, Ontario native factored in on all three Greenville goals on Tuesday night, helping the club force overtime against the South Carolina Stingrays. He did the same on Friday night, netting the game-winning goal in the final three minutes of regulation to top South Carolina. The winger has tallied 44 points (18G, 26A) leading the Swamp Rabbits active roster and seventh among all ECHL first-year skaters.
With a goal and two assists last week, Matt Prapavessis moved to fourth in franchise history among defensemen with 55 points (11G, 44A).
Defenseman Carter Struthers became Greenville's ninth skater this season to make their pro debut with the team.
Alternate captain Joe Basaraba played his 250th pro game this week.
Greenville welcomed over 16,000 fans to the Bon Secours Wellness Arena this week, the highest attended week for the club this year.
Swamp Rabbits Head Coach Brian Gratz will be behind the bench for his 500th career game on Saturday night in Norfolk.
Friday, Mar. 16 | Swamp Rabbits @ Admirals | 7:00 p.m.
Greenville returns to Norfolk exactly one month after making the club's first trip to the Norfolk Scope.
Watch | Listen
Saturday, Mar. 17 | Swamp Rabbits @ Admirals | 7:00 p.m.
The Swamp Rabbits final game against the Admirals this season wraps up a six-game season series.
Watch | Listen
SOUTH DIVISION STANDINGS
x - Florida Everblades (41-12-2-4) = 88 PTS
x - South Carolina Stingrays (39-13-6-1) = 85 PTS
Orlando Solar Bears (30-26-5-1) = 66 PTS
Atlanta Gladiators (28-31-1-2) = 59 PTS
Norfolk Admirals (23-32-6-1) = 53 PTS
Jacksonville Icemen (22-32-4-3) = 51 PTS
Greenville Swamp Rabbits (21-33-7-1) = 50 PTS
x - clinched playoff position
y - clinched South Division
z - Regular Season Champion
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from March 13, 2018
- Wings Victims of Brampton's Timely Outburst - Kalamazoo Wings
- Vladar Strong in Gladiators 4-2 Win over Idaho - Atlanta Gladiators
- Steven Whitney Named ECHL Player of the Week - South Carolina Stingrays
- Royals Prepare for Ft. Wayne and Announce Signing of Liljegren - Reading Royals
- Walleye Add Defenseman - Toledo Walleye
- Motte Returns to Mallards - Quad City Mallards
- ECHL Transactions - March 13 - ECHL
- Steelheads Weekly Report - Idaho Steelheads
- Defenseman Eric Baier to Lace Skates up Again for Solar Bears - Orlando Solar Bears
- Swamp Rabbits Weekly - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- South Carolina's Whitney Named Sher-Wood Athletics Group/ECHL Player of the Week - ECHL
- Nailers to Join Central Division in 2018-19 - Wheeling Nailers
- Admirals Add Four New Faces - Norfolk Admirals
- Steelheads Game Day Storylines at Atlanta - Idaho Steelheads
- Walleye Weekly - Toledo Walleye
- Rochester Recalls Johansson - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Tomas Sholl Named CCM ECHL Goaltender of the Week - Idaho Steelheads
- Flyers Loan G Anthony Stolarz to Royals - Reading Royals
- Idaho's Sholl Named CCM/ECHL Goaltender of the Week - ECHL
- Mavericks to Return to Mountain Division in 2018-19 - Kansas City Mavericks
- ECHL Board of Governors Approves Changes for 2018-19 Season - ECHL
- St. John's Joins the ECHL - St. John's
- Quad City Mallards to Cease Operations - Quad City Mallards
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.