Walleye Add Defenseman
Toledo, OH - Defenseman Jared Wilson has agreed to terms with the Walleye for the remainder of the 2017-18 season. In a separate move the Walleye have released defenseman Dalton Carter from his ATO.
Wilson just finished his senior season at Renssleaer Polytechnic Institution where over the last four years he appeared in 151 games. Captain this year for the Engineers, the 23-year-old posted 27 goals and 25 assists with 192 penalty minutes in his career. This year the 6'3", 190 pound defenseman appeared in all 37 games with seven goals and seven assists. The Calgary, Alberta native posted career highs in with 11 goals, 17 points and 77 penalty minutes while playing with current Walleye defenseman Parker Reno in 2016-17.
In each of the past three years, Wilson has been an ECAC Hockey All-Academic. Prior to college, the defenseman skated in two years of junior hockey in the BCHL with Alberni Valley (50GP, 10G, 23A, 71PIMS) in 2012-13 and with the Vernon Vipers (48GP, 5G, 23A, 66PIMS) in 2013-14.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from March 13, 2018
- Wings Victims of Brampton's Timely Outburst - Kalamazoo Wings
- Vladar Strong in Gladiators 4-2 Win over Idaho - Atlanta Gladiators
- Steven Whitney Named ECHL Player of the Week - South Carolina Stingrays
- Royals Prepare for Ft. Wayne and Announce Signing of Liljegren - Reading Royals
- Walleye Add Defenseman - Toledo Walleye
- Motte Returns to Mallards - Quad City Mallards
- ECHL Transactions - March 13 - ECHL
- Steelheads Weekly Report - Idaho Steelheads
- Defenseman Eric Baier to Lace Skates up Again for Solar Bears - Orlando Solar Bears
- Swamp Rabbits Weekly - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- South Carolina's Whitney Named Sher-Wood Athletics Group/ECHL Player of the Week - ECHL
- Nailers to Join Central Division in 2018-19 - Wheeling Nailers
- Admirals Add Four New Faces - Norfolk Admirals
- Steelheads Game Day Storylines at Atlanta - Idaho Steelheads
- Walleye Weekly - Toledo Walleye
- Rochester Recalls Johansson - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Tomas Sholl Named CCM ECHL Goaltender of the Week - Idaho Steelheads
- Flyers Loan G Anthony Stolarz to Royals - Reading Royals
- Idaho's Sholl Named CCM/ECHL Goaltender of the Week - ECHL
- Mavericks to Return to Mountain Division in 2018-19 - Kansas City Mavericks
- ECHL Board of Governors Approves Changes for 2018-19 Season - ECHL
- St. John's Joins the ECHL - St. John's
- Quad City Mallards to Cease Operations - Quad City Mallards
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.