Steelheads Weekly Report
Boise, ID - The Steelheads bring a three-game points streak on the road as they open a three-game swing to the east coast. Idaho will open the trip on Tuesday with a game against the Atlanta Gladiators. The Steelheads then head to Charleston for a pair with the South Carolina Stingrays on Thursday and Friday night. The Gladiators are fighting to secure the final playoff spot in the South Division, while the Stingrays are vying for the division's top seed.
- F Steve McParland has four goals and five points during a four-game points streak, and earned his 100th professional point with an assist on Friday.
- F Brady Brassart has goals in three straight games, and five goals and 13 points in his last 11 contests.
- D Eric Sweetman has four goals in his last 12 games.
- F Justin Parizek has two goals and seven points in his last five games.
- G Michael Bitzer won his pro debut on Friday, making 17 saves in an overtime win
-G Tomas Sholl earned his first win as a Steelhead in Saturday's overtime win, and is now unbeaten in regulation in his first ten career ECHL appearances.
- Sholl was named the ECHL's Goaltender of the Week.
- Each of the Steelheads' last four home games have gone beyond regulation.
- The Steelheads earned their first overtime win of the season Friday, and earned their second on Saturday. Prior to then, Idaho had not scored an overtime goal since 12/31/16.
- The Steelheads will play in Atlanta for the first time since January 31, 2016; they visit South Carolina for the first time since January 25,2013.
- Idaho has scored power play goals in five of their last seven games, a stretch including a game in which they were not granted a power play.
- The Steelheads have points in five of their last six games (4-1-1)
- The Steelheads magic number to clinch a playoff spot is nine points gained by Idaho or lost by Tulsa.
- F Steve McParland released from professional tryout agreement with AHL Texas, returned to Steelheads - 3/7
Season to date: 35-19-7
Record this week: 2-0-1
3/7- Allen 2, Steelheads 1 SO @ CenturyLink Arena
3/9- Steelheads 3, Kansas City 2 OT @ CenturyLink Arena
3/10- Steelheads 3, Kansas City 2 OT @ CenturyLink Arena
This week's schedule (subject to change):
3/13 @ Atlanta Gladiators 5:05pm MT @ Infinite Energy Arena - Radio: 1350 AM KTIK; Web: ECHL.TV
3/15 @ South Carolina Stingrays 5:05pm MT @ North Charleston Coliseum - Radio: 1350 AM KTIK; Web: ECHL.TV
3/16 @ South Carolina Stingrays 5:05pm MT @ North Charleston Coliseum - Radio: 1350 AM KTIK; Web: ECHL.TV
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from March 13, 2018
- Wings Victims of Brampton's Timely Outburst - Kalamazoo Wings
- Vladar Strong in Gladiators 4-2 Win over Idaho - Atlanta Gladiators
- Steven Whitney Named ECHL Player of the Week - South Carolina Stingrays
- Royals Prepare for Ft. Wayne and Announce Signing of Liljegren - Reading Royals
- Walleye Add Defenseman - Toledo Walleye
- Motte Returns to Mallards - Quad City Mallards
- ECHL Transactions - March 13 - ECHL
- Steelheads Weekly Report - Idaho Steelheads
- Defenseman Eric Baier to Lace Skates up Again for Solar Bears - Orlando Solar Bears
- Swamp Rabbits Weekly - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- South Carolina's Whitney Named Sher-Wood Athletics Group/ECHL Player of the Week - ECHL
- Nailers to Join Central Division in 2018-19 - Wheeling Nailers
- Admirals Add Four New Faces - Norfolk Admirals
- Steelheads Game Day Storylines at Atlanta - Idaho Steelheads
- Walleye Weekly - Toledo Walleye
- Rochester Recalls Johansson - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Tomas Sholl Named CCM ECHL Goaltender of the Week - Idaho Steelheads
- Flyers Loan G Anthony Stolarz to Royals - Reading Royals
- Idaho's Sholl Named CCM/ECHL Goaltender of the Week - ECHL
- Mavericks to Return to Mountain Division in 2018-19 - Kansas City Mavericks
- ECHL Board of Governors Approves Changes for 2018-19 Season - ECHL
- St. John's Joins the ECHL - St. John's
- Quad City Mallards to Cease Operations - Quad City Mallards
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.