Flyers Loan G Anthony Stolarz to Royals
Reading, PA - The Reading Royals, proud ECHL affiliate of the Philadelphia Flyers, received goaltender Anthony Stolarz on loan from Philadelphia Tuesday. The Royals are at home Wednesday to face the Fort Wayne Komets at 7:00 p.m. with a postgame player autograph session, presented by Rieck's Printing.
A second-round selection of the Flyers (45th overall) in the 2012 NHL Entry Draft, Stolarz has played in seven career NHL games with Philadelphia and 107 AHL contests with Lehigh Valley.
Last season, Stolarz split time between Philadelphia (7 GP, 2-1-1 record, 2.07 GAA, .928 sv%) and Lehigh Valley. In 29 games with the Phantoms, the 24-year-old racked up an 18-9-0-1 mark, 2.92 goals against average and .911 save percentage. For his AHL career, the fourth-year professional is 48-40-11-3 with a 2.87 goals against average and .911 save percentage.
He accumulated single-season bests in wins (21-18-7-0), goals against average (2.60) and save percentage (.916) over 47 contests with Lehigh Valley in 2015-16.
Prior to his professional career, the Edison, NJ native was the starting goaltender for the London Knights (OHL) over back-to-back Memorial Cup appearances in 2013 and 2014.
The Royals have six of the next seven games at Santander Arena, where the team boasts the best home record in the North (19-9-0-0). Reading is also home Saturday at 7:00 against Brampton and the contest is slated as one of the season's biggest promotional games. Here's what you need to know for the game and tickets are available here.
1) Wrestling legend Ted DiBiase the "Million Dollar Man" will be in attendance to take pictures and sign autographs during the game. There is no charge for pictures or autographs. Fans can meet the Million Dollar Man during the first and second periods. Season ticket holders will have a special meet-and-greet with the Million Dollar Man from 5:45-6:30 p.m. at the game.
2) Up until Thursday, fans can enter for a chance to win $10,000; register to be entered into the contest here or fill out a form in Monday's Reading Eagle Sports Section and return it to the Royals offices.
3) The first 5,000 fans in attendance will receive a special-edition Tifu poster, courtesy of Rieck's Printing and Diamond Credit Union.
4) The Kelly Cup will be at the game with Mr. Pat Kelly! Get your picture taken with the Kelly Cup Fri., Mar. 16 during Happy Hour 4:00-7:00 p.m. at Jimmy G's Beverley Hills Tavern on Old Fritztown Road. It's the 5th anniversary of the team winning the Kelly Cup.
5) All fans are invited to stay after the game to partake in a special photo "recreation" of Yannick Tifu receiving the Kelly Cup from Mr. Pat Kelly after Saturday's game.
Special Olympics Night Fri., Mar. 23 vs. WOR at 7:00 p.m.
Tickets are available here, with $5 going back to benefit the Special Olympics of Berks County. Postgame shake, shiver and freeze with the Royals to raise money for the Special Olympics and a Royals trading card set giveaway to the first 2,500 fans (Rieck's Printing).
Autism Awareness Night Sat., Mar. 24 vs. WOR at 7:00 p.m.
Tickets are available here. $5 from every ticket goes back to the Autism Society of Berks County and Unending Promise! This is one of the best nights of the season for a wonderful cause. No goal horn and the Royals wear special autism awareness jerseys. Plus, a one-time-only giveaway: a puck with Head Coach Kirk MacDonald and Assistant Coach Pat Wellar.
Royals Awards Banquet at Santander Arena Mar. 26
Register here. Get a pregame pep talk from Royals Head Coach Kirk MacDonald, behind-the-scenes tour of the Royals locker room and buffet meal at Santander Arena Mon., Mar. 26 from 6-8 p.m. for the Royals Awards Banquet. We will hand out the best awards from the 2017-18 season.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from March 13, 2018
- Wings Victims of Brampton's Timely Outburst - Kalamazoo Wings
- Vladar Strong in Gladiators 4-2 Win over Idaho - Atlanta Gladiators
- Steven Whitney Named ECHL Player of the Week - South Carolina Stingrays
- Royals Prepare for Ft. Wayne and Announce Signing of Liljegren - Reading Royals
- Walleye Add Defenseman - Toledo Walleye
- Motte Returns to Mallards - Quad City Mallards
- ECHL Transactions - March 13 - ECHL
- Steelheads Weekly Report - Idaho Steelheads
- Defenseman Eric Baier to Lace Skates up Again for Solar Bears - Orlando Solar Bears
- Swamp Rabbits Weekly - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- South Carolina's Whitney Named Sher-Wood Athletics Group/ECHL Player of the Week - ECHL
- Nailers to Join Central Division in 2018-19 - Wheeling Nailers
- Admirals Add Four New Faces - Norfolk Admirals
- Steelheads Game Day Storylines at Atlanta - Idaho Steelheads
- Walleye Weekly - Toledo Walleye
- Rochester Recalls Johansson - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Tomas Sholl Named CCM ECHL Goaltender of the Week - Idaho Steelheads
- Flyers Loan G Anthony Stolarz to Royals - Reading Royals
- Idaho's Sholl Named CCM/ECHL Goaltender of the Week - ECHL
- Mavericks to Return to Mountain Division in 2018-19 - Kansas City Mavericks
- ECHL Board of Governors Approves Changes for 2018-19 Season - ECHL
- St. John's Joins the ECHL - Newfoundland Growlers
- Quad City Mallards to Cease Operations - Quad City Mallards
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.