Adirondack Re-Signs James Henry
Glens Falls, NY - The Adirondack Thunder, proud ECHL affiliate of the New Jersey Devils, announced today that it has signed forward James Henry to a standard player contract for the 2018-2019 season.
Henry, 27, returns to the Thunder after posting a career year last season, tying a career-high with 54 points (19-35-54) in the regular season, good for second most on the team, while adding an additional 15 points (2-13-15) in 17 postseason contests. The Winnipeg, MB native has recorded 148 points (49-99-148) in his Adirondack career to make him the organization's all-time leading scorer. The 5-foot-9-inch forward has also skated in 216 ECHL games in an Adirondack uniform, putting him atop the franchise's all-time games played list.
"I am extremely happy to be back in Adirondack for another season," Henry said. "Coach Loh and the rest of the Thunder organization continues to prove we are a top team in the ECHL. I fully expect this team will continue the progress that we have seen over the past three seasons. My family and I are excited to remain a part of the Glens Falls community and I am eager for the upcoming season to start."
Henry has spent the entirety of his five-year professional career in the ECHL with a Thunder organization. His first two seasons came when the team was located in Stockton, CA while he has skated in Glens Falls for the previous three campaigns. Henry recorded 82 points (26-56-82) during his first two pro seasons with the Stockton Thunder.
Prior to beginning his professional career, Henry skated in parts of six seasons in the WHL with the Vancouver Giants and Moose Jaw Warriors. Henry ranks fourth all time with 281 games played with Vancouver, while he places ninth with 184 career points (62-122-184).
Season tickets for the 2018-2019 Adirondack Thunder season are on sale now. Visit ECHLThunder.com or call 518-480-3355 with any questions or for more information on ticket packages. For the latest Thunder news, be sure to follow the team on Facebook (www.facebook.com/ECHLThunder) and Twitter (www.twitter.com/ECHLThunder).
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from July 19, 2018
- Americans Add Forward Butcher, Affiliation Announcement Coming this Saturday - Allen Americans
- Steelheads Agree to Terms with Nevins - Idaho Steelheads
- Worcester Railers HC Re-Sign Natick, MA Native Tommy Kelley - Worcester Railers HC
- Davison Agrees to Terms with Rays - South Carolina Stingrays
- Growlers Sign James Melindy - Newfoundland Growlers
- Solar Bears Ink Forward Corey Kalk - Orlando Solar Bears
- Harrison Second Defenseman Signed for 2018-19 Season - Norfolk Admirals
- Oilers Agree to Terms with Devin Williams - Tulsa Oilers
- Adirondack Re-Signs James Henry - Adirondack Thunder
- Monarchs Re-Sign Eric Schurhamer - Manchester Monarchs
- Nesbitt Returns to Gladiators - Atlanta Gladiators
- Kalamazoo Wings to Host 2nd Annual Fan-Designed Jersey Contest - Kalamazoo Wings
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Adirondack Thunder Stories
- Adirondack Drops Game in Overtime After Controversial No Call
- Edwardh's Late Goal Gives Adirondack a Point in Portland
- Thunder Use Three Straight Goals to Sink Mariners 3-2
- Cool Insuring Arena to Host World Championship Ice Racing Series
- Thunder Can't Solve Booth in 3-1 Loss to Reading