adidas Unveils D.C. United Jerseys
Washington, D.C. (January 20, 2006) - In conjunction with adidas and Major League Soccer, D.C. United unveiled its new 2006 home and away team jerseys in Philadelphia, Penn. The new kits were first shown today, prior to the 2006 Major League Soccer SuperDraft, along with the League's new adidas official match ball and ten other team uniforms. Throughout its ten years in MLS, the Black-and-Red's uniforms have been supplied by adidas.
"We are excited about the new uniforms," said United Sr. Vice President Stephen Zack. "In addition to being state-of-the-art, we believe they accurately convey the traditional feel that has become symbolic of D.C. United kits."
United's home jersey will maintain the consistent black kit with three white stripes across the chest at home while the club will wear an all-white look on the road.
United's all-time leading goal scorer, Jaime Moreno, assisted with the unveiling, modeling the team's updated look, while Clint Mathis (Colorado Rapids), Arturo Torres (CD Chivas USA), Chad Barrett (Chicago Fire) and Gatorade MLS Rookie of the Year, Michael Parkhurst (New England Revolution) each modeled their respective team's new line. As a result of the ten-year partnership between adidas and Major League Soccer, 2006 will be the first year that adidas will supply the official team apparel and uniforms for all 12 MLS clubs, as well as the League's official match ball.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from January 20, 2006
- Bradley names Preki as Chivas USA Assistant Coach - MLS
- L.A. Galaxy select five players at 2006 MLS Superdraft - LA Galaxy
- MetroStars Select Marvell Wynne First Overall in 2006 MLS SuperDraft - MLS
- Chivas USA gets three in Philly - Club Deportivo Chivas USA
- Wizards Draft Six Players Including Armenian Striker Yura Movsisyan - Sporting Kansas City
- Crew Selects College Player Of The Year Jason Garey - Columbus Crew SC
- adidas unveils 2006 Chivas USA uniform - Club Deportivo Chivas USA
- D.C. United drafts Justin Moose in first round of 2006 MLS SuperDraft - D.C. United
- Rapids Select Two in 2006 MLS SuperDraft - Colorado Rapids
- MetroStars Reacquire 41st Overall Pick; Tab Blake Camp - New York Red Bulls
- Revs select three players in 2006 MLS SuperDraft - New England Revolution
- MetroStars Land U-17 Standout Josmer Altidore in Second Round - New York Red Bulls
- Ready for Mehdi - Real Salt Lake
- MetroStars Acquire Top Pick in SuperDraft - New York Red Bulls
- Revolution Select Midfielder - New England Revolution
- Rapids Acquire Jordan, Wingert from Columbus - Colorado Rapids
- adidas Unveils D.C. United Jerseys - D.C. United
- Crew Acquires Two Draft Picks In Exchange For Partial Allocation - Columbus Crew SC
- Crew Acquires Two SuperDraft Picks In Separate Deals - Columbus Crew SC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent D.C. United Stories
- D.C. United Announce Traveling Roster for Upcoming Friendly against the Bermuda National Team Presented by Events DC
- Washington Spirit Extends Partnership with D.C. United and Loudoun United FC to Host Four Matches at Audi Field in Addition to Four Games at Segra Field in 2020
- D.C. United Announce Postseason Tour Presented by Events DC in St. Croix in the U.S. Virgin Islands
- Paul Arriola Called into USMNT Pre-Camp from November 2-9 in Bradenton, Fla., Ahead of CONCACAF Nations League Group Finale
- Post-Match Facts: Toronto FC V. D.C. United