Aberdeen Jumps on Tri-City to Even Series
TROY, NY - Despite a strong offensive day from Ramiro Rodriguez, the Tri-City ValleyCats were clobbered by the Aberdeen Ironbirds on Monday night, losing by a score of 11-5 at Joe Bruno Stadium.
Rodriguez posted a 3-for-4 day, plating two runs and scoring two runs.
He was the only ValleyCat with multiple hits, runs or RBIs.
Felipe Tejada was tagged with the loss, allowing seven runs in five innings.
Tri-City allowed a total of five unearned runs to score on three total errors throughout the game.
Prior to Monday night the ValleyCats had defeated the Ironbirds in five straight games.
The two teams will return to Joe Bruno Stadium on Tuesday night to play in the rubber match of their three-game series.
Tuesday night's game will serve as the ValleyCats' regular season home finale, before they embark on a six-game road trip in Lowell and Vermont to end the season.
Tri-City continues to lead Vermont in the Stedler division standings by 3.5 games, entering Tuesday with a magic number of five to clinch the division with seven games remaining.
• Discuss this story on the New York-Penn League message board...
New York-Penn League Stories from August 27, 2018
- Black Bears Double-Down on Auburn Extras - West Virginia Black Bears
- Aberdeen Jumps on Tri-City to Even Series - Tri-City ValleyCats
- Nootbaar Drives in Three, Spikes Fall to Muckdogs, 11-6 - State College Spikes
- CT Tigers Beat Rival Spinners Back-To-Back - Connecticut Tigers
- Pitching Strong In Loss - Williamsport Crosscutters
- Vermont Wins 6th Straight With 9-3 Victory Over Brooklyn - Vermont Lake Monsters
- 1-2 Punch - Hudson Valley Renegades
- Scrappers Shut Down Crosscutters To Even Series - Mahoning Valley Scrappers
- Muckdogs Game Notes - vs. State College - Batavia Muckdogs
- Scrappers Home August 29-31 - Last Regular Season Homestand at Eastwood Field - Mahoning Valley Scrappers
- Carlos Machado Named NYPL Player of the Week - Tri-City ValleyCats
- Brooklyn Loses Hearthbreaker, 10-9 - Brooklyn Cyclones
- Valley Cats Top IronBirds in Game One - Aberdeen IronBirds
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Tri-City ValleyCats Stories
- New York-Penn League Announces 2020 Season Schedule
- 'Cats Drop Series Finale to Brooklyn, Enter All-Star Break
- Pitchers Duel Ends in Tigers 2-0 Victory
- Brewer Hits First Pro Homer as 'Cats Defeat Tigers 7-5
- Perez, Bellozo Lead 'Cats to 5-1 Victory over Tigers