8 Attack Picks Selected to OHL Gold Cup
8 Owen Sound Attack draft picks have been named to 2019 OHL Gold Cup Rosters.
Attack first round selection Deni Goure will play for Team ALLIANCE at the tournament, alongside fellow draft picks Sam Sedley and Brayden Hislop.
Attack second rounder Ethan Burroughs will represent Team OMHA White, while Ethan Lindsay and Douglas Carr will be playing for Team OMHA Black.
Forward Kaleb Lawrence, taken 42nd overall, has been named to the HEO roster and 11th round selection Nicholas Von Kaufmann will man the net for Team GTHL Red.
Running from May 2- May 5 at the Activa Sportsplex in Kitchener, Ont, the OHL Gold Cup is an annual showcase event featuring top under-16 talent in Ontario. As part of the Hockey Canada Program of Excellence (POE), players competing at the OHL Gold Cup have an opportunity to be evaluated for invitation to the national under-17 development camp, where Hockey Canada gathers the top talent from across the country to introduce players to the national team program and provide a foundation of development as they progress through the POE.
The eight teams attending the OHL Gold Cup; Team ALLIANCE, Team GTHL Blue, Team GTHL Red, Team HEO, Team HNO, Team NOHA, Team OMHA Black and Team OMHA White, have been working to establish the most competitive minor midget players from their region for their roster.
The Attack want to congratulate our 8 draft picks on being selected to the OHL Gold Cup and wish them success in the tournament.
• Discuss this story on the Ontario Hockey League message board...
Ontario Hockey League Stories from April 18, 2019
- Spirit Seize Series Lead in Western Conference Finals - Saginaw Spirit
- 67's Storm Back to Beat Generals 6-4, Take 1-0 Series Lead - Ottawa 67's
- Roadrunners Sign Howdeshell to One-Year Contract - Soo Greyhounds
- Eastern Conference Championship Series Preview - Oshawa Generals
- Steelheads Announce 2019 Prospect Camp - Mississauga Steelheads
- Goaltender Aidan Campbell Commits to Otters - Erie Otters
- Western Conference Final Preview: Spirit, Storm Begin Battle for Wayne Gretzky Trophy in Saginaw - Saginaw Spirit
- Post Season Preview Eastern Conference Finals: Gens vs. 67's - Oshawa Generals
- 8 Attack Picks Selected to OHL Gold Cup - Owen Sound Attack
- Drysdale Among 7 OHL Players to Represent Canada at World U18 Hockey Championship - Erie Otters
- London Knights Set Mini-Development Camp - London Knights
- Rangers Announced as One of the 2019 CIBC Canada Russia Series Hosts - Kitchener Rangers
- 2019 CIBC Canada Russia Series Hosts Announced - OHL
- Storm's Nick Suzuki Named CHL Player of the Week - Guelph Storm
- Western Conference Championship Series Preview - #SAGvsGUE - Guelph Storm
- Jamieson Rees to Represent Canada at World U18 Hockey Championship - Sarnia Sting
- 7 Steelheads Prospects Named to OHL Gold Cup Rosters - Mississauga Steelheads
- Western Conference Finals - Game 1 Preview: Guelph Storm at Saginaw Spirit - Guelph Storm
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Owen Sound Attack Stories
- Attack Can't Climb out of First Period Deficit in 5-3 Loss to Petes
- Attack Outshoot Storm 40-14 But Can't Beat Daws in 2-0 Defeat
- 'Pucks and Paddles' Night this Saturday in Support of Camp Presqu'ile
- Hot Streak for Pearson Continues in 5-1 Win over Hamilton
- Kaleb Pearson Named Huron Tractor 'Attacker of the Week'