Goaltender Aidan Campbell Commits to Otters
Erie, Pennsylvania - The Erie Otters Hockey Club announced today that goaltender Aidan Campbell has committed to the team and completed an Ontario Hockey League Standard Player Agreement.
Campbell, a 6'4", 181-pound netminder, was Erie's 12th round pick (224th overall) at the 2018 OHL Priority Selection. The Cranberry Township, Pennsylvania native most recently anchored the net for the Pittsburgh Penguins Elite 16U at the Chipotle-USA Hockey Youth Tier I 16U National Championship, where he stopped 26 of 27 shots in the championship game to help the Penguins Elite capture the 2019 national title.
"Aidan has progressed nicely over the course of the season and experienced a great deal of success with the Pittsburgh Penguins Elite 16U program," said Erie Otters General Manager Dave Brown. "Aidan is blessed with great physical tools and combines it with an unmatched determination, which has allowed him to continue his development at a rapid pace. He has succeeded at every challenge he's faced and done so in an impressive fashion, culminating with his team's national championship just over a week ago."
The 16-year-old keeper appeared in 28 regular season games with the Pittsburgh Penguins Elite 16U during the 2018-19 season and lead the Tier 1 Elite Hockey League in nearly all goaltending stat categories, including wins (17), shutouts (8), goals against average (0.69), and save percentage (.944). Campbell's efforts on the year also earned him a call up to the U.S. National Under-17 Team in January where he appeared in two games.
• Discuss this story on the Ontario Hockey League message board...
Ontario Hockey League Stories from April 18, 2019
- Spirit Seize Series Lead in Western Conference Finals - Saginaw Spirit
- 67's Storm Back to Beat Generals 6-4, Take 1-0 Series Lead - Ottawa 67's
- Roadrunners Sign Howdeshell to One-Year Contract - Soo Greyhounds
- Eastern Conference Championship Series Preview - Oshawa Generals
- Steelheads Announce 2019 Prospect Camp - Mississauga Steelheads
- Goaltender Aidan Campbell Commits to Otters - Erie Otters
- Western Conference Final Preview: Spirit, Storm Begin Battle for Wayne Gretzky Trophy in Saginaw - Saginaw Spirit
- Post Season Preview Eastern Conference Finals: Gens vs. 67's - Oshawa Generals
- 8 Attack Picks Selected to OHL Gold Cup - Owen Sound Attack
- Drysdale Among 7 OHL Players to Represent Canada at World U18 Hockey Championship - Erie Otters
- London Knights Set Mini-Development Camp - London Knights
- Rangers Announced as One of the 2019 CIBC Canada Russia Series Hosts - Kitchener Rangers
- 2019 CIBC Canada Russia Series Hosts Announced - OHL
- Storm's Nick Suzuki Named CHL Player of the Week - Guelph Storm
- Western Conference Championship Series Preview - #SAGvsGUE - Guelph Storm
- Jamieson Rees to Represent Canada at World U18 Hockey Championship - Sarnia Sting
- 7 Steelheads Prospects Named to OHL Gold Cup Rosters - Mississauga Steelheads
- Western Conference Finals - Game 1 Preview: Guelph Storm at Saginaw Spirit - Guelph Storm
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Erie Otters Stories
- 19 Otters Alumni Attending NHL Training Camps
- Chad Yetman Signs AHL Contract with Rockford
- Drysdale Earns Silver Medal at 2021 IIHF World Junior Hockey Championship
- Broll, Golod, Williams Represent Otters Alumni on ECHL Opening Night Rosters
- Otters, BayHawks and SeaWolves Team up for Drive-Thru Teddy Bear Toss and Toy Drive