Rangers Announced as One of the 2019 CIBC Canada Russia Series Hosts
Toronto, ON - The Canadian Hockey League in association with title partner CIBC, the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League, the Ontario Hockey League, and the Western Hockey League, today announced the six Canadian host cities for the 2019 CIBC Canada Russia Series to be played November 4-14.
The six-game series features CHL regional league teams comprised of Canadian National Junior Team candidates competing against the Russian National Junior Team as an integral part of the evaluation process for Team Canada prior to the IIHF World Junior Hockey Championship.
For the first time since 2013 the event will begin in the QMJHL, followed by two OHL matchups, and ending with a pair of contests hosted by the WHL. The puck drops in New Brunswick with the Saint John Sea Dogs and the Moncton Wildcats hosting Game's 1 and 2 respectively on Monday November 4 and Tuesday November 5. When the series shifts to Ontario it will be the Kitchener Rangers hosting Game 3 on Thursday November 7 followed by the London Knights hosting Game 4 on Monday November 11. The series will then wrap up in Saskatchewan with the Saskatoon Blades and the Prince Albert Raiders hosting Game's 5 and 6 on Wednesday November 13 and Thursday November 14.
• Discuss this story on the Ontario Hockey League message board...
Ontario Hockey League Stories from April 18, 2019
- Spirit Seize Series Lead in Western Conference Finals - Saginaw Spirit
- 67's Storm Back to Beat Generals 6-4, Take 1-0 Series Lead - Ottawa 67's
- Roadrunners Sign Howdeshell to One-Year Contract - Soo Greyhounds
- Eastern Conference Championship Series Preview - Oshawa Generals
- Steelheads Announce 2019 Prospect Camp - Mississauga Steelheads
- Goaltender Aidan Campbell Commits to Otters - Erie Otters
- Western Conference Final Preview: Spirit, Storm Begin Battle for Wayne Gretzky Trophy in Saginaw - Saginaw Spirit
- Post Season Preview Eastern Conference Finals: Gens vs. 67's - Oshawa Generals
- 8 Attack Picks Selected to OHL Gold Cup - Owen Sound Attack
- Drysdale Among 7 OHL Players to Represent Canada at World U18 Hockey Championship - Erie Otters
- London Knights Set Mini-Development Camp - London Knights
- Rangers Announced as One of the 2019 CIBC Canada Russia Series Hosts - Kitchener Rangers
- 2019 CIBC Canada Russia Series Hosts Announced - OHL
- Storm's Nick Suzuki Named CHL Player of the Week - Guelph Storm
- Western Conference Championship Series Preview - #SAGvsGUE - Guelph Storm
- Jamieson Rees to Represent Canada at World U18 Hockey Championship - Sarnia Sting
- 7 Steelheads Prospects Named to OHL Gold Cup Rosters - Mississauga Steelheads
- Western Conference Finals - Game 1 Preview: Guelph Storm at Saginaw Spirit - Guelph Storm
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Kitchener Rangers Stories
- Academic Spotlight Series: Reid Valade
- Pinelli Announced as FACS Community Champion
- Kitchener Rangers Launch Retro Tee's in Support of Clarky's Kids
- Kitchener Rangers Announce Board of Directors and Executive Committee for 2020-21
- Academic Spotlight Series : Jonathan Yantsis