Six game win streak snapped, Reed collects lone Thunder goalNovember 10, 2012 - ECHL (ECHL) - Stockton Thunder
The loss was the Thunder's first regulation loss since a 2-1 defeat to Ontario on Opening Night at Stockton Arena.
In goal for Stockton, Cody Reichard (2-1-0) made 27 saves, while San Francisco's Thomas Heemskerk (2-5-1) stopped 31 shots.
The Thunder took advantage of an early power play when forward Toni Rajala drew the defense to the right corner. Rajala dished the puck off to center Harrison Reed, who slotted it past Heemskerk to give the Thunder a 1-0 lead 8:58 through the opening period.
Minutes later, the Thunder found themselves on the wrong end of a five-on-three power play. Eventually, San Francisco worked the puck to Sacha Guimond, who put a one timer past Reichard, tying the game at 1-1 11:22 into the opening frame.
After a scoreless second period, the Bulls stunned the Thunder with two quick goals in the third. Dean Ouellet sent a wrist shot into the goal just 2:25 into the period. Then, Kevin Baker capitalized on a missed clearance by the Thunder, putting Stockton in a 3-1 hole 5:09 into the third period.
The Bulls struck again with 9:13 left in the game when Jordan Morrison notched a wrap-around goal, making the count 4-1.
NOTES: The Thunder scratched Mike Little, Cameron Brodie, Jesse Fratkin, Matt Bergland, and Evan Vossen .... San Francisco Giants closer Sergio Romo dropped the puck for the ceremonial face-off.... the start of the third period was delayed by a broken-down Zamboni... down 2-1, it was the first time the Thunder have trailed in a game since the third period of the team's 3-2 overtime home win over Bakersfield Oct. 28
The Thunder will now continue its three-game road trip Monday, Nov.12 against the Utah Grizzlies. The puck drops at 6:05 p.m. (1280 KWSX/StocktonThunder.com) at the Maverik Center.
ECHL Stories from November 10, 2012
- Eagles Complete Sweep of Grizzlies Behind Costello's Hat Trick - Colorado Eagles
- Condors Earn Point in Shootout Loss to Idaho, 5-4 - Bakersfield Condors
- Colorado Takes Out Grizzlies - Utah Grizzlies
- Gwinnett Holds off Everblades with a Wild 7-6 Win - Florida Everblades
- Titans Drop Fifth Straight; Fall in Reading, 4-1 - Trenton Titans
- Road Warriors Hand Cincinnati First Loss - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Five Goal Third Period Lifts Solar Bears to 5-3 Win over Elmira - Orlando Solar Bears
- IceMen Slip Past Stingrays 2-1 - South Carolina Stingrays
- Kalamazoo Ends Home Stand with a 6-2 Victory over Fort Wayne - Kalamazoo Wings
- Jackals Downed by Solar Bears - Elmira Jackals
- Walleye Sink Nailers with Three-Goal Third - Wheeling Nailers
- Road Warriors Sneak Past Cyclones, 5-3 - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Glads Come Back, Stun Florida 7-6 - Gwinnett Gladiators
- ECHL Transactions - November 10 - ECHL
- ECHL Announces Fines, Suspension - ECHL
- Wranglers Fans Donate over 2.5 Tons of Food to Three Square Food Bank - Las Vegas Wranglers
- Elmira Jackals Game Preview - Elmira Jackals
- Game Preview: Solar Bears vs.Elmira Jackals Tonight - November 10 - Orlando Solar Bears
- Cyclones Game Preview - Cincinnati at Greenville - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Stingrays Game Preview: Stingrays Visit IceMen Tonight - South Carolina Stingrays
- Royals and Capitals 'RED-Y' to Rock Reading - Reading Royals
- Countdown to Face-Off - Kalamazoo Wings
- ECHL Today - November 10 - ECHL
- Aces Take Game Two from Wranglers, Win 2-1 - Las Vegas Wranglers
- Mazzolini, Guggenberger Pace Alaska in 2-1 Win at Vegas - Alaska Aces
- Six game win streak snapped, Reed collects lone Thunder goal - Stockton Thunder
- Idaho Lets One Slip Away in a Shootout - Idaho Steelheads
- Stewart Stellar, Boyd Clutch as Condors Knock off Idaho, 3-2 (So) - Bakersfield Condors
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.