Local Northwest Indiana Child to be "RailCat for a Day"August 28, 2012 - American Association (AA) Gary SouthShore Railcats
Fans & supporters are encouraged to join Strategic Financial Group at the Gary RailCats ballpark that evening. Make-A-Wish(r) representatives will be present to collect donations from the general public. Any proceeds donated at the ballpark will help grant wishes to Indiana area Wish Children who are currently battling life-threatening medical conditions. For those who can't make it out to the game, Strategic Financial Group will be collecting donations prior to the game at their surrounding offices. If you would like to help share the power of wish(r) by volunteering or contributing financially, please contact James at 888-363-7147 Ext. 238 for more information.
"When I established Strategic Financial Group in 1996 I wanted community involvement to be the backbone of our business," said Chad Hassinger, CEO of Strategic Financial Group, "I'm proud to say that principle still resonates today. Teaming up with Make-A-Wish(r) the past couple of years has been a remarkable feeling; August 28th is destined to be a night our clients, colleagues, and friends will never forget."
About Make-A-Wish(r) Ohio, Kentucky and Indiana Make-A-Wish(r) Ohio, Kentucky and Indiana grants the wishes of children with life-threatening medical conditions to enrich the human experience with hope, strength and joy. Founded in 1983, Make-A-Wish(r) Ohio, Kentucky and Indiana is the largest of the 62 Make-A-Wish(r) chapters in the country in terms of territory, wishes granted, children waiting for their wish to come true and potential Wish Children. Make-A-Wish(r) Ohio, Kentucky and Indiana fulfilled 863 wishes last program year - more wishes than any Make-A-Wish(r) chapter in the country in the history of the nationwide organization. Currently, the Indiana region has 232 children waiting for their wish to come true.
"We are so grateful for the support of Strategic Financial Group," said Make-A-Wish(r) Ohio, Kentucky and Indiana Development Associate Amanda Orabutt. "Tuesday's RailCats game will be a memorable day for Brandon, his family and the community and we rally together in support of making wishes come true."
American Association Stories from August 28, 2012
- American Association Game Recaps - AA
- Saints Rout 'Cats 13-6 - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Saints Pound out Season High 22 Hits in 13-6 Win - St. Paul Saints
- Lemurs top RedHawks 6-4 in Series Opener, Extend Win Streak to 11 - Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks
- Big Inning Hurts Pheasants - Sioux Falls Canaries
- Lemurs Win 11th Straight - Laredo Lemurs
- Wingnuts Pull out Win in Ninth - Wichita Wingnuts
- Fourth Walk Off In Seven Games Dooms Diablos - El Paso Diablos
- Mazzola Guides Fish to Win over Sioux City - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- Early Runs Enough for Key AirHogs Win - Grand Prairie AirHogs
- Quebec Rallies Late for Walk-Off Win - Lincoln Saltdogs
- Diablos Announce August 31 Thru September 3 Promotions - El Paso Diablos
- Local Northwest Indiana Child to be "RailCat for a Day" - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- RailCats to Wrap up Season with Seven-Game Homestand - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Final RailCats Home Stand of 2012 - Gary SouthShore Railcats
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.