Giveaways Galore this WeekendAugust 8, 2012 - Frontier League (FL) Lake Erie Crushers
Friday and Saturday will have 7:05 p.m. first pitches, while Sunday will begin with a 5:05 p.m. game time. Gates will open one hour prior to all game times.
Pack the Park Pink will kick off the promotions for the home stand on Friday night, along with a specialty travel coffee mug giveaway presented by W.A. Smith Financial to the first 1,000 fans in attendance to the game.
The Crushers are encouraging fans to wear pink to the game in support of breast cancer awareness and research. Friday will also feature postgame fireworks, a jersey auction, and a special Pink event at All Pro Freight Stadium.
Youth Sports Night will be happening on Saturday evening, which also includes an Andrew Davis Bobblehead giveaway presented by Mercy to the first 1,000 fans.
Youth Sports Night will feature a 40 yards dash sponsored by T3 Performance, which will be in front of the stadium gates. Several youth sports teams from the local community in the area will be in attendance.
Sunday is the final Dog Day at All Pro Freight Stadium, and fans will be allowed to bring in their pooch for six dollars. The six dollars will go towards the Animal Protective League of Lorain County.
Kids Days are also every Sunday, and there will be several exciting activities on the concourse. All Kids Club members will receive a free Stomper pillow pet courtesy of the Lake Erie Crushers.
The Lake Erie Crushers, the 2011 Frontier League Organization of the year, play ball at All Pro Freight Stadium, a 5,000 capacity stadium located in Avon, OH. The Frontier League is an independent baseball league with 14 teams operating throughout the Midwest and Canada. Season tickets for the 2012 season are on sale now! For more information on tickets, promotions and team news, visit the team website at www.LakeErieCrushers.com or call 440-934-3636.
Frontier League Stories from August 8, 2012
- Joliet Clinches 5-4 Win with Walk-Off Base Hit - Joliet Slammers
- ThunderBolts Outslug Freedom - Florence Freedom
- RiverHawks squander chances in 8-2 loss - Rockford RiverHawks
- Miners Hit Their Way to Win - Southern Illinois Miners
- Lake Erie offense erupts in 9-4 victory - Lake Erie Crushers
- Crushers Take Series from Grizzlies - Gateway Grizzlies
- Back to School Supply Drive for Victims of Harrisburg Tornado - Southern Illinois Miners
- Boomers Post Rain Shortened Shutout - Schaumburg Boomers
- Traverse City Rallies Back for 4-2 Win over Evansville Otters - Evansville Otters
- Rascals Lose Season-High Fifth Straight - River City Rascals
- ThunderBolts Hold off Florence 9-7 - Windy City ThunderBolts
- Burch Blast Backs up Excellent Pitching Performance - Traverse City Beach Bums
- Chris Smith Tosses Second Complete-Game Shutout - Washington Wild Things
- Wild Things Top 'Belters in Game Two - Normal CornBelters
- P Rich Mascheri Joining New York Yankees Organization - Normal CornBelters
- August 8 Joliet Slammers Game Notes - Joliet Slammers
- Four-Time Stanley Cup Champion Highlights Beach Bums Upcoming Homestand - Traverse City Beach Bums
- Giveaways Galore this Weekend - Lake Erie Crushers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.