Thunder Release 2013 ScheduleJuly 23, 2012 - Eastern League (EL) Trenton Thunder
The Thunder will begin the 2013 season in Portland against the Sea Dogs (Red Sox) on Thursday, April 4. The team will host their first home game on Thursday, April 11 at 7:05 pm against the Richmond Flying Squirrels (Giants), and will play their last home game on Thursday, August 29 at 7:05 pm against New Britain (Minnesota Twins). The season will end in Portland (Red Sox) on September 2.
The Thunder will face their top rivals 24 times at home. The Double A Affiliate of the Boston Red Sox, the Portland Sea Dogs, will visit Trenton 10 times in 2013. The Sea Dogs will make their first trip April 26-28 followed by June 21-23, August 22-25. Philadelphia Phillies fans can catch the Reading Phillies in Trenton for eight games next season, July 4-8 and August 2-4. The Binghamton Mets (NY Mets) will visit Trenton May 6-8 and June 11-13.
The Thunder will play 12 home games in April, 15 in May, 12 in June, 14 in July, and 18 in August. The team plays 71 home games against all 11 Eastern League teams.
The standard game time will remain at 7:05 pm for night games. The first Saturday of the season, April 13 will begin at 5:05 pm, and all other Saturday games will start at 7:05 pm. Sunday games will start at 1:05 pm with the exception of the final three Sundays of the season, August 4,11, and 25, which will begin at 5:05 pm.
Mid-week day games continue in 2013, with the first one, a 10:35 am "Education Day" slated for Wednesday, April 17. Education Days will also be held on on Thursday, May 2 and Wednesday, May 29. Popular 12:05 pm day games are scheduled for Wednesday, June 26, Monday, July 8, Wednesday, July 24, and Wednesday, July 31.
The schedule of fireworks dates and promotions will be released at a later date.
Fans can join a waiting list for 2013 ticket packages or inquire about ticket packages and group outings by calling 609-394-3300.
Eastern League Stories from July 23, 2012
- Hissey Hits Walk Off Home Run in the 11th - Portland Sea Dogs
- Hissey's HR Pushes Portland Past Trenton in 11 - Trenton Thunder
- Santos, Cabrera Homer Curve to Fifth Straight Win - Altoona Curve
- B-Mets Blast Rock Cats in Opener, 8-1 - Binghamton Mets
- Fitzgerlad Outduels Gamboa in Sox Loss - Bowie Baysox
- B-Mets Blast Four Homers to Top Rock Cats - New Britain Rock Cats
- Bocock Steals Home Again in 5-1 Loss - New Hampshire Fisher Cats
- Wright Stuff Baffles SeaWolves as Aeros Roll, 11-1 - Akron Aeros
- Bats Silent in Series Opener - Erie SeaWolves
- Squirrels Claim Pitcher's Duel in Bowie, 1-0 - Richmond Flying Squirrels
- Flying Squirrels Game Notes at Bowie - Richmond Flying Squirrels
- B-Mets Set to Host Workforce Night - Binghamton Mets
- Thunder Release 2013 Schedule - Trenton Thunder
- Local Dairy Farmers to Collect Donations at Altoona Curve Game - Altoona Curve
- B-Mets Game Notes: at New Britain Rock Cats - Binghamton Mets
- Sea Dogs Game Notes July 23 vs. Trenton - Portland Sea Dogs
- Hazelbaker Named Eastern League Player of the Week - Portland Sea Dogs
- Chien-Ming Wang Joins the Senators on a Rehab Assignment - Harrisburg Senators
- Sea Dogs to Host Naturalization Ceremony on Wednesday - Portland Sea Dogs
- Eastern League Announces Weekly Award Winners - EL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.