X's Nipped by SaintsJuly 9, 2012 - American Association (AA) Sioux City Explorers
The Saints took a 1-0 lead in the third inning when Jon Townsend singled home Durham who had led off the inning with a double. The Explorers only run came in the fifth inning to tie the game at 1-1 when Ryan Priddy doubled and scored on an error by second baseman Townsend off the bat of Brandon Newton that allowed Priddy to touch home. The Explorers outhit St. Paul 7-5, but two hits together the entire game as the X's stranded seven base runners.
The Explorers have won two of the first three games with the final game of the series Wednesday at Midway Stadium with game time 7:05. After an off day Wednesday, the Explorers will be at home Thursday - Sunday with a four-game series with Sioux Falls at Lewis and Clark Park.
American Association Stories from July 9, 2012
- X's Nipped by Saints - Sioux City Explorers
- RedHawks Score Four in Ninth, Win in Extras 10-9 - Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks
- American Association Game Recaps - AA
- Lockwood's Blast Gives Airhogs Extra-Inning Win - Grand Prairie AirHogs
- Sox Edge Wingnuts Again - Wichita Wingnuts
- Lemurs Lose Tight Game - Laredo Lemurs
- Klein's Ninth-Inning Single Lifts RailCats to 5-4 Win - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Klein's Single Gives Gary 5-4 Walk-Off Win - Lincoln Saltdogs
- Pheasants' Skid Reaches Five in Winnipeg - Sioux Falls Canaries
- Saints Miles Ahead of Explorers in 3-1 Win - St. Paul Saints
- Two Dingers and Walker Pace Goldeyes Past Pheasants - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- Wingnuts Acquire Experienced Reliever - Wichita Wingnuts
- Alonso Garners Hitter of the Week Honors - Lincoln Saltdogs
- Saints Pitcher Robert Coe Earns American Association Pitcher of the Week - St. Paul Saints
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.