Four Fisher Cats Named to Eastern League All-Star GameJune 28, 2012 - Eastern League (EL) New Hampshire Fisher Cats
McDade, 23, was elected to this year's All-Star Game through fan voting conducted on the league and individual team websites throughout the month of June. The 6'1" switch-hitting, slick-fielding Las Vegas native is hitting .300 with 12 home runs (6th in the Eastern League) and 40 RBI through the first 76 games for the Fisher Cats. McDade was the starting first baseman in last year's All-Star Game, held at Northeast Delta Dental Stadium, and won the annual Home Run Derby. The 2007 sixth round draft pick by the Blue Jays is fourth in the league with 133 total bases, and is tops with five intentional walks, a clear sign of his intimidation on Eastern League opponents. After his all-star campaign last year, McDade was added to the Blue Jays 40-man roster in the off-season.
Goins, 24, is having the best season of his career, leading the Eastern League with 93 hits, including an all-time franchise best 41 in the month of May. The 5'10" middle infielder from Round Rock, Texas, has had two separate 8-game hitting streaks and leads the team with 24 multi-hit games. The Blue Jays fourth round pick in 2009 is currently batting .303, which is good for 10th in the league, and has spent part of the season learning a new position - second base - to compliment his stellar play at shortstop.
Pino, 28, makes his first Eastern League All-Star Team in his fifth EL season. He has been the most consistent starting pitcher for the Fisher Cats, despite two stints with Triple-A Las Vegas, registering a 4-2 record and 3.08 ERA in 61.1 innings over 12 games (10 starts). The 6'2" righty from Turmero, Venezuela was an undrafted free agent by the Minnesota Twins in 2004, and currently is 3rd in the Eastern League with a 1.04 WHIP, 4th with a .212 opponent's batting average, and is tied for 2nd on the team with 49 strikeouts. In his second season with the Fisher Cats, the Blue Jays acquired Pino in a trade in April of 2011.
Dyson, 24, has burst onto the Eastern League scene in his first professional season with the Blue Jays, earning a trip to the All-Star Game through fan voting. He began the year at High-A Dunedin, but has dominated from the Fisher Cats bullpen since his promotion in early May. The 6'2"righty from Tampa, Fla., has pitched 21.2 innings in 13 games, and has a 0.83 ERA and .244 opponent's batting average, with two saves. A fourth round pick in 2010, Dyson has allowed just two earned runs on the season. He was a key member of the 2010 University of South Carolina National Championship team.
The Fisher Cats return home to begin a fireworks-filled six-game homestand starting on the 4th of July against the Future Red Sox, the Portland Sea Dogs. Beginning with the Fourth, the Fisher Cats will host five consecutive nights of Atlas Fireworks during the stand. For the complete list of promotions and to order tickets, visit www.nhfishercats.com.
Eastern League Stories from June 28, 2012
- Late Rally Falls Short in 8-6 Loss - Binghamton Mets
- Neal, Lawson Ignite Aeros in 7-1 Win over SeaWolves - Akron Aeros
- Sea Dogs Hold on For 4-3 Win - Portland Sea Dogs
- All-Star Cumpton Leads Curve to Victory - Altoona Curve
- Baysox Win Fifth Straight, Get Back to .500 - Bowie Baysox
- Glenn Homers in 4-3 Loss at Portland - New Hampshire Fisher Cats
- Senators Winning Streak Snapped at Three with 4-2 Loss to Altoona - Harrisburg Senators
- Squirrels Snap Streak in Baseballtown, 5-2 - Richmond Flying Squirrels
- Five Thunder Players Named to All-Star Game - Trenton Thunder
- Four Fisher Cats Named to Eastern League All-Star Game - New Hampshire Fisher Cats
- Trio of Sea Dogs Selected to Eastern League All-Star Squad - Portland Sea Dogs
- B-Mets Campbell, Wheeler & Marte Headed to Eastern League All-Star Game - Binghamton Mets
- Baseballtown All-Star Classic Rosters Announced - Reading Fightin Phils
- Cabrera, Cumpton, Holt Headed to E.L. All-Star Game - Altoona Curve
- Harrisburg Senators 2012 All-Stars Announced - Harrisburg Senators
- Four Squirrels Selected to EL All-Star Game - Richmond Flying Squirrels
- Rosters Announced for Baseballtown All-Star Classic EL All-Star Game - EL
- Four-Run Ninth Sends Rock Cats Past Thunder, 5-4 - Trenton Thunder
- Rock Cats Score 4 In 9th, Win 5-4 - New Britain Rock Cats
- Flying Squirrels Game Notes at Reading - Richmond Flying Squirrels
- Make Your Way to Ballpark Blockparty 2012 on July 3rd - Altoona Curve
- Sea Dogs Game Notes - Portland Sea Dogs
- B-Mets Game Notes: vs. Bowie Baysox - Binghamton Mets
- Erie SeaWolves at Akron Aeros - Game Notes - Erie SeaWolves
- RHP Danny Farquhar Added to Thunder - Trenton Thunder
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.