McDade Leads 10-Hit Attack in 9-3 Loss to ReadingJune 21, 2012 - Eastern League (EL) New Hampshire Fisher Cats
For the second straight night, the Fisher Cats jumped on Reading early, putting together three straight hits in the bottom of the first inning against Mario Hollands (W; 1-0). The third of those base hits by McDade plated Ryan Goins for an early 1-0 lead.
That margin was short-lived as John Stilson struggled in the second inning in his home debut. With one out, the R-Phils strung together six straight hits, scoring five times to take a 5-1 lead.
Trystan Magnuson, who starred for the Fisher Cats bullpen in 2010, entered the game with a scoreless third. But, like Stilson, he struggled in his second inning of work allowing the Phillies to tack on four more runs for a 9-1 lead.
New Hampshire scored the next two runs, getting an RBI single from Sean Ochinko in the fourth. A two-out double by Brian Van Kirk capped the scoring at 9-3 in the fifth.
Ben Francisco, rehabbing from Toronto, led the offense with his first multi-hit game on his rehab assignment. Eight of nine starters ended the night with base hits, including Goins, who leads the league with 88 hits on the year.
Prior to the game, the Fisher Cats honored the officers and families of the incidents in Manchester and Greenland this spring on Law Enforcement Night. Governor John Lynch was awarded the Officer Michael Briggs Community Hero Award, given annually to a New Hampshire citizen who displays a strong commitment to their community. The award has been presented annually since 2007 in honor of Manchester officer Michael Briggs who was killed in the line of duty in 2006. The night featured fundraisers for the aforementioned victims and the Manchester Police Athletic League through ticket sales and a commemorative jersey auction.
The Fisher Cats continue their homestand against the Harrisburg Senators on Friday night at 7:05 PM. Friday's game features spectacular Atlas Fireworks after the game. To purchase tickets, visit www.nhfishercats.com.
The pitching match-up features RHP Deck McGuire (2-8, 6.62) against Harrisburg RHP Paul Demny (4-4, 6.06). Radio coverage of Friday's game begins at 6:45 PM with Tom Gauthier and Charlie Sherman on the WGIR Fisher Cats Radio Network and www.nhfishercats.com.
Eastern League Stories from June 21, 2012
- Richmond Pounds 17 Hits to Take Series Win in Trenton - Trenton Thunder
- Squirrels Trip Thunder for Series Win, 7-2 - Richmond Flying Squirrels
- Aeros Wrap Series with 4-2 Loss - Akron Aeros
- Campbell & Newcomers Lead B-Mets in 4-2 Win - Binghamton Mets
- McDade Leads 10-Hit Attack in 9-3 Loss to Reading - New Hampshire Fisher Cats
- Curve Can't Grab Sweep with Loss to 'Cats in Finale - Altoona Curve
- Martin, Hissey Lead Sea Dogs to 6-1 Win - Portland Sea Dogs
- Senators Sloppy in 6-1 Loss to Portland - Harrisburg Senators
- Joseph Named to U.S. Squad for Futures Game - Richmond Flying Squirrels
- R-Phils Rodriguez, Bonilla Named to Futures Game - Reading Fightin Phils
- Set a Date at the Plate - Bowie Baysox
- B-Mets Game Notes: at Akron Aeros - Binghamton Mets
- Baysox Swashbuckle SeaWolves - Bowie Baysox
- 'Wolves Drop Series Finale to Baysox - Erie SeaWolves
- Flying Squirrels Game Notes at Trenton - Richmond Flying Squirrels
- Red Sox Prospect Jackie Bradley Jr. Joins Sea Dogs - Portland Sea Dogs
- Sea Dogs Game Notes - Portland Sea Dogs
- Two SeaWolves Selected to Futures Game - Erie SeaWolves
- Cole Named to 2012 SiriusXM All-Star Futures Game - Altoona Curve
- Erie SeaWolves vs. Bowie Baysox - Game Notes - Erie SeaWolves
- Game Time Changed on Sunday, August 19 - New Hampshire Fisher Cats
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.