Rippers Drop 4-0 Decision to FreedomJune 11, 2012 - Frontier League (FL) London Rippers
London was shut out for the second time this season as four Florence pitchers combined to cough up four walks and struck out seven.
Sheng-An Kuo (0-3) was outstanding for London in his first appearance since June 3rd, allowing three earned runs in 6.2 innings, walking 4 and striking out two.
Newest Ripper, Chris Kaminski threw 1.1 innings, walked one and struck out two.
The lucky connection for Florence was Cole Miles and Chris Curley.
In both the 1st and 3rd innings, Miles got on base with a walk and a single respectively. He promptly stole second both times and scored on a sac fly and single by Curley.
The Rippers best threat was in the 7th, when they loaded the bases with one out, but the next two batters couldn't get the ball out of the infield.
Junior Rodriguez homered in the bottom of the 7th, giving Florence a 3-0 lead.
London actually outhit Florence 7-3, but the Rippers fell to 9-5 in games when they have outhit their opponents. Matt Wright had three singles, leading the offense.
The loss puts the Rippers two games back of the Freedom in the East Division.
London and Florence continue their important East Division series tomorrow night at 7:05pm. Yohan Gonzalez (2-0 1.42) gets the ball for London. He will face Maxx Catapano (1-0 2.57).
Frontier League Stories from June 11, 2012
- Hur's Big Night Lifts RiverHawks - Rockford RiverHawks
- Miners Lose Series Opener to Beach Bums - Southern Illinois Miners
- Beach Bums Rally for Win over Miners - Traverse City Beach Bums
- Boomers Beat Slammers in First Matchup - Joliet Slammers
- Boomers Hold off Slammers to Move into Share of First - Schaumburg Boomers
- Grizzlies Defeat Rascals to Win Fourth in a Row - Gateway Grizzlies
- Rascals Lose Third-Straight; Fall at Gateway 5-1 - River City Rascals
- Crushers Halt Home Hex - Lake Erie Crushers
- Wild Things Fall to Lake Erie, 9-4 - Washington Wild Things
- Evansville Drops Opener in Normal - Evansville Otters
- CornBelters Blank Evansville 6-0 - Normal CornBelters
- Rippers Drop 4-0 Decision to Freedom - London Rippers
- June 11 Joliet Slammers Game Notes - Joliet Slammers
- Arnold on DL, Two Signed - London Rippers
- Brushfire to Perform at the Corn Crib - Normal CornBelters
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.