Dragons Gameday for June 4June 4, 2012 - Midwest League (MWL) Dayton Dragons
Bowling Green Ballpark l Bowling Green, Ky. l 8:05 p.m.
Radio: WONE-AM 980 l
Dayton Dragons (22-35) at Bowling Green Hot Rods (31-26)
RH Radhames Quezada (2-6, 4.30) vs. RH Parker Markel (1-2, 6.00)
Today's Game : The Dayton Dragons (affiliate of the Cincinnati Reds) meet the Bowling Green Hot Rods (affiliate of the Tampa Bay Rays) in the rubber match of a three-game series. The Dragons are off on Tuesday and open a home series Wednesday night at 7:00 vs. Lake County.
- Steve Selsky has hit safely in seven straight games, tied for the second longest hitting streak of the year for the Dragons. He is batting .370 over the course of the hitting streak. Selsky's average rose yesterday to 289. It had hovered between .267 and .287 since April 28.
- Kurtis Muller is batting .365 in the 13 games since he joined the team on May 21 (19 for 49). He has taken over the team lead in home runs with four. Muller had two career homers in 126 games prior to joining the Dragons. He has at least two hits in eight of the 13 games.
- Ryan Wright has missed the last five games (sprained left wrist). Wright left last Tuesday's game in the fifth inning due to the injury as his 11-game hitting streak came to an end. He hit .478 over the course of the streak, the second highest batting average for any hitting streak of 10 games or more in the league this season. Over Wright's last 12 games, he is batting .457 (21 for 46) with eight doubles to raise his average from .273 to .315. He has had at least two hits in eight of the 12 games.
- Sean Buckley is batting .348 over his last 13 games with a home run and six doubles. He has raised his batting average from .153 to .215.
- Kyle Waldrop is batting .318 over his last 12 games to raise his average from .244 to .263.
- Mike Dennhardt over his last five relief appearances: 9.1 IP, 3 H, 1 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 3 SO.
The Dragons could earn their second straight series win with a victory tonight and hand Bowling Green their first home series loss of 2012. The Dragons are 8-8 over their last 16 games after going 2-16 over the previous 18 games. They were 12-11 prior to that 18-game stretch. The Dragons are batting .278 as a team over their last 14 games (130 for 468). They have scored at least six runs in nine of the 14 games.
Transactions: Right-handed pitcher Daniel Tuttle was activated from the disabled list prior to Sunday's game. Right-handed pitcher Jimmy Moran was assigned to the Billings roster. The Dragons 25-man roster includes 13 pitchers and 12 position players (two catchers, six infielders, four outfielders).
Midwest League Stories from June 4, 2012
- Snappers Snake Bitten - Beloit Snappers
- LumberKings Collect 14 Hits in 9-3 Drubbing - Clinton LumberKings
- Loons Swept in Whitecaps Undertow - Great Lakes Loons
- Rattlers rally, then hold on, to beat Beloit - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Captains Defeat TinCaps in 13 - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Hankins Walks off Captains in 13 Innings - Lake County Captains
- Hald Goes the Distance in 6-2 Win over Burlington - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Dragons Top Hot Rods, Win Second Straight Series - Dayton Dragons
- Brett Stays Red Hot But Hot Rods Drop Series - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Chiefs Shutout Cougars 2-0 in Series Finale - Peoria Chiefs
- Chiefs Take Series with Shutout - Kane County Cougars
- Local Sculptor Dedicates Sculpture to Discovery Museum & Educators - Great Lakes Loons
- Four Silver Hawks Named to Eastern Division All-Star Roster - South Bend Silver Hawks
- Franchise-Record Eight Players Named to Midwest League - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Stayton Thomas Received from Hudson Valley - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Three Cougars Selected for Midwest League All-Star Game - Kane County Cougars
- LumberKings Announce "LumberStock 2012" - Clinton LumberKings
- LumberKings Send Austin, Shipers and Griffin to All-Star Game - Clinton LumberKings
- Captains to Send Three Players to the Midwest League All Star Game - Lake County Captains
- Four River Bandits Among Western Division All-Stars - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Dragons Ryan Wright to Play in All-Star Game - Dayton Dragons
- Jamieson, Granier, & Frankoff Named to All-Star Team - Burlington Bees
- Seven Lugnuts Named MWL All-Stars - Lansing Lugnuts
- Chiefs Place Four on MWL All-Star Team - Peoria Chiefs
- Seven Timber Rattlers Named to the West Division Team for MWL All-Star Game - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Kernels Put Three on MWL All-Star Team - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- May Scholar Athletes Awarded - Great Lakes Loons
- Dayton Dragons Homestand Preview - Dayton Dragons
- Bees' Pen Is Mightier Than Bandits', 3-1 - Burlington Bees
- Silver Hawks Thwarted by Stingy Lugnuts - South Bend Silver Hawks
- Lugs trim magic number to 1 with 1-0 win - Lansing Lugnuts
- Whitecaps Offer Free Parking this Saturday - West Michigan Whitecaps
- Timber Rattlers Present "Mutts on the Mound" Day on Sunday, June 10 - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Dragons Gameday for June 4 - Dayton Dragons
- MBF Launches Dodgers Dream Vacation Raffle - Great Lakes Loons
- 2B Jon Berti on 7-day DL - Lansing Lugnuts
- Indians Catcher Carlos Santana to Rehab with Captains Today - Lake County Captains
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.