Wild Things Shut out by Rascals 5-0May 26, 2012 - Frontier League (FL) Washington Wild Things
River City took the lead in the top of the first inning and never looked back. Left fielder Eric Williams scored after first baseman Gerardo Avila hit a sacrifice fly to center field. The Rascals would scatter the rest of their runs throughout the first half of the game and did not give the Wild Things a chance to capitalize.
Wild Things' second baseman Shain Stoner continued his torrid hitting, going 1-for-2 on the night. Stoner hit a double in the bottom of the first, hit by a pitch in the third, and walked in the fifth.
Chris Smith spent eight innings on the mound for Washington. He allowed five runs (three earned) on eight hits, while walking three batters and striking out four. Ryan Thomas pitched the final frame and allowed one hit, with one strikeout.
River City starter Keli'I Zablan pitched the first three innings of the game and allowed no runs on three hits. Zablan walked one and struck out three. Jason Sullivan pitched three innings in relief and allowed one hit. He struck out three batters and walked three more.
The Wild Things finish out their six-game homestand tomorrow night at 7:05 p.m. Legends' Week concludes when the team honors Dermontti Dawson. Tickets are available and can be purchased by visiting the CONSOL Energy Park box office, www.washingtonwildthings.com, or by calling 866-456-WILD.
Frontier League Stories from May 26, 2012
- Grizzlies Pick One-Run Victory in Canada - Gateway Grizzlies
- Schaumburg Boomers Walk Off With Win in Thirteen - Schaumburg Boomers
- RiverHawks Power Past Lake Erie, Win 8-1 - Rockford RiverHawks
- Gateway Slows Rippers - London Rippers
- Traverse City Silences ThunderBolts' Bats - Traverse City Beach Bums
- Crushers surrender four homers in 8-1 loss - Lake Erie Crushers
- Rascal Bullpen Shuts out Washington - River City Rascals
- Slammers Win First Series of 2012 - Joliet Slammers
- Miners Offense Continues with Win over CornBelters - Southern Illinois Miners
- Otters Drop Second Game in a Row on the Road - Evansville Otters
- Wild Things Shut out by Rascals 5-0 - Washington Wild Things
- CornBelters Blanked by Miners - Normal CornBelters
- May 26 Joliet Slammers Game Notes - Joliet Slammers
- Time Change for Sunday - London Rippers
- Schaumburg Franchise Kicks off with a BOOM! - Schaumburg Boomers
- RiverHawks Drop Home Opener 8-2 - Rockford RiverHawks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.