Norfolk rally from early deficitMay 4, 2012 - International League (IL) Norfolk Tides
Indianapolis jumped out to a 5-0 lead after two and a half innings, but Norfolk began chipping away in the third. Chris Robinson got the comeback started with a three-run double in the frame, and Norfolk knotted the score an inning later on a two-run double by Steve Tolleson.
Norfolk took the lead for good in the sixth, as Joe Mahoney singled and eventually scored on an error by Jordy Mercer.
The Tides broke the game open in the eighth, as they plated four runs off of former Norfolk reliever Jose Diaz. Diaz yielded three hits and two walks in the frame, with the big hit a two-run double off the bat of Bill Hall.
Hall has now hit safely in seven straight games, batting .367 (11-for-30) with two homers and five RBI over that span.
The Tides' bullpen turned in a very strong effort, as Miguel Gonzalez (1-0) and Stu Pomeranz combined to allow one walk over four hitless innings of relief. Gonzalez earned the win as he lowered his ERA to 0.57, while Pomeranz struck out three to register his first career save at the Triple-A level.
Norfolk finished its 10-game homestand at 6-4.
The Tides will look for their first three-game winning streak of 2012 as they embark on a season-long 10-game road trip Saturday. The Tides will take on the Durham Bulls in the first game of a two-game set, with Jason Berken (0-0, 1.35) set to oppose right-hander Matt Torra (2-2, 5.04). First pitch slated for 7:05.
International League Stories from May 4, 2012
- Tides Battle Back to Beat Tribe 10-5 - Indianapolis Indians
- Norfolk rally from early deficit - Norfolk Tides
- Yankees strand 13 in shutout loss to Red Wings - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre Yankees
- PawSox Earn a Win in Finale - Pawtucket Red Sox
- Knights and 'Pigs Game Suspended on Friday - Charlotte Knights
- Durham Sends Louisville Packing 7-1, Wins Series - Durham Bulls
- Force Not Strong Enough on Star Wars Night, Hens Fall to Sox, 5-2 - Toledo Mud Hens
- Friday's Road Finale in Columbus Rained Out - Gwinnett Braves
- Friday's IronPigs-Knights Game Suspended Due to Rain - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Chiefs Shut out in Series Finale - Syracuse Chiefs
- O's Place Nolan Reimold on 15-Day DL, Luis Exposito Recalled from Norfolk - Norfolk Tides
- Updated Ticket Information for Sunday's Empire State Yankees Game at Frontier Field - Rochester Red Wings
- Tribe Return for Ten-Game Homestand - Indianapolis Indians
- Rochester Red Wings Game Notes - Friday, May 4 at Empire State Yankees - Rochester Red Wings
- Bisons Notes - Syracuse at Buffalo - Buffalo Bisons
- Bisons Add Ramirez, Blaquiere, Place James on DL - Buffalo Bisons
- Mets Select Contract of Bisons OF Vinny Rottino, Option RHP Chris Schwinden to Herd - Buffalo Bisons
- IronPigs Game Notes - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Gwinnett Braves Homestand Highlights for May 5-14 - Gwinnett Braves
- Rochester Red Wings Announce Special Ticket Offer for Hard Ball Cafe - Rochester Red Wings
- Baseball Month in Rochester - May 4 - Rochester Red Wings
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.