Storm Chasers Walk-Off Again and Win 6-5April 11, 2012 - Pacific Coast League (PCL) Omaha Storm Chasers
While Falu's hit was his lone hit of the night, other Storm Chasers (6-1) were there to help pack an offensive punch. Packing perhaps the most punch was Kevin Kouzmanoff who went 3-for-5 at the dish with three RBI. Brandon Sisk (1-0) worked a scoreless ninth inning en route to his first win of 2012.
Omaha leapt out to a quick 2-0 advantage when Jerrod Dyson started off the home half of the first with a walk. Dyson then stole second, advanced to third on a bunt single by Derrick Robinson and came home when Tony Abreu singled to left field. Several batters later, Kevin Kouzmanoff slapped a double into left field to bring Abreu home.
Not to be outdone, Round Rock (2-5) seized a 3-2 lead after putting 3 runs on the board in the third inning. They followed that up with another run in the sixth to pad their lead to 4-2.
The Storm Chasers fought back and scored a run in the bottom of the sixth when Jamie Romak doubled in Abreu. The Express inched out another run in the eighth to grab a 5-3 lead.
While things definitely looked bleak for Omaha's chances at winning five straight ballgames, the team refused to give up. Dyson, the second batter of the inning, used his speed to eek out an infield hit. Dyson then stole second and advanced to third when the throw by Round Rock's catcher skipped into center field. D. Robinson worked a free pass to give the Storm Chasers men on first and third with one out. With Clint Robinson at the plate, Derrick utilized his speed to steal second. Clint then took first the hard way when he was plunked by Express pitcher Tanner Scheppers. Manager Mike Jirschele, sensing that the tide was turning, sought to put speed on the base paths and replaced C. Robinson with David Lough. Kouzmanoff tied the ballgame at 5-5 when his single up the middle scored Dyson from third and D. Robinson from second, which set up Falu for game-winning RBI single.
The Storm Chasers and the Express will lock horns one more time tomorrow, April 12 at 6:35 p.m. The game is a special Thirsty Thursday event which features $1 Bud Light Drafts and $1 Pepsi's thanks to our good friends at Budweiser and Pepsi.
Pacific Coast League Stories from April 11, 2012
- Sounds Snap RedHawks Win Streak, 7-6 in 10 Innings - Oklahoma City RedHawks
- Maldonado Provides Game-Winning Homer in Extras for Sounds' 7-6 Victory - Nashville Sounds
- Storm Chasers Walk-Off Again and Win 6-5 - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Coleman, Castillo Lead I-Cubs to Victory - Iowa Cubs
- Round Rock Express Falter in Ninth at Omaha 6-5 - Round Rock Express
- Isotopes Confounded by Cubs in 5-1 Loss - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Round Rock Express Open Home Schedule Friday - Round Rock Express
- Zephyrs Shutout Redbirds 2-0 - New Orleans Zephyrs
- The Dell Diamond Water Reuse Plan Announced - Round Rock Express
- The Dell Diamond Diverts to Minimal-Waste - Round Rock Express
- RedHawks Game Notes - April 11, 2012 - Oklahoma City RedHawks
- Round Rock Express Game Notes at Omaha Storm Chasers - Round Rock Express
- Gillespie to be Presented Rawlings Gold Glove Thursday Night - Reno Aces
- Sacramento Batters Tucson - Tucson Padres
- Sacramento Slugs Its Way Past T-Pads, 18-6 - Sacramento River Cats
- Rainiers Shut Out By Sky Sox - Tacoma Rainiers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.