Galivan Leads Glads to 3-1 WinFebruary 11, 2012 - ECHL (ECHL) Gwinnett Gladiators
The Express opened the scoring at 15:36 into the second period with a goal from Scott Wietcha. He rebounded the puck off of Gladiator netminder Joe Palmer's chest and jammed it in through the five-hole to give Chicago a 1-0 advantage.
The Gladiators answered with a tying tally just 1:11 after Chicago's goal as Pat Galivan picked up his 50th goal as a Gladiator to tie the game at one. Galivan picked up the puck in the slot from Dallas Jackson to beat Express goaltender Peter Mannino over the shoulder to light the lamp for the Glads.
At 17:42 into the third period, Galivan took advantage of a five-on-three power play and danced around the defense to find his spot at the point and collect the game-winner. Nikita Kashirsky had the assist and extended his point-scoring streak to 12 games.
With just 37 seconds left in the final stanza, Cody Brookwell brought the puck up the ice into Chicago's zone where he found Joey Haddad above the left wing circle. Haddad fired the puck in the empty net to cap the scoring of the game 3-1.
Palmer collected his third straight win with 16 saves in the victory.
The Glads will wrap up their eight-game home stand Sunday afternoon as they host the Kalamazoo Wings at 4:05 p.m.
ECHL Stories from February 11, 2012
- Aces' Trip Ends with 5-1 Loss to Steelheads - Alaska Aces
- Eagles Win 4th Straight After Weekend Sweep Against Stockton - Colorado Eagles
- Grizzlies Settle for Weekend Split in Ontario - Utah Grizzlies
- Two-Goal Slips Through Reading's Grasp in Loss to Elmira - Reading Royals
- Nailers Top Titans; Bohmback Scores Twice - Trenton Titans
- Galivan Leads Glads to 3-1 Win - Gwinnett Gladiators
- Greenville wins 5-2 - Greenville Road Warriors
- Beca's Hat Trick Leads Everblades Over Stingrays - South Carolina Stingrays
- Greenville Gets Revenge - Kalamazoo Wings
- Jackals Rally in Second Period, Hold off Royals 3-2 - Elmira Jackals
- Express See Five-Game Win Streak Snapped by Stingrays, 3-2 - Chicago Express
- Cyclones' Rally Spoiled by Walleye, 4-3 - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Delmas Makes 35 Saves in 4-2 Nailers Win - Wheeling Nailers
- Game Preview: Stockton Thunder at Colorado Eagles - Stockton Thunder
- Reign Offense Regains Some Firepower - Ontario Reign
- Justin Bowers Back to Greenville - Greenville Road Warriors
- Nolan Becomes 485th ECHL Player to Reach NHL - ECHL
- Condors Vs. Las Vegas Tonight - Bakersfield Condors
- ECHL Transactions - February 11 - ECHL
- Cyclones Game Preview - Cincinnati at Toledo - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Episode 30 Features Eric Ballard and Craig Bommer - OSC Original by Denis Puska
- Greenville Road Warriors Game Preview - February 11, 2012 - Greenville Road Warriors
- Game Preview: Express at Gwinnett Tonight - Chicago Express
- Jackals Game Preview: Elmira at Reading - Elmira Jackals
- Stingrays Gameday: Bobblehead Night and Wounded Warrior Night Tonight Against Everblades - South Carolina Stingrays
- ECHL Today - February 11 - ECHL
- Thunder defeated by Colorado - Stockton Thunder
- Reign Trail Grizzlies in 2-1 Loss - Ontario Reign
- Condors Clip Wranglers 2-1 - Las Vegas Wranglers
- Grizzlies Beat Ontario 2-1 - Utah Grizzlies
- Condors Upend First Place Wranglers, 2-1 - Bakersfield Condors
- Aces Score Late to Top Steelheads, 3-2 - Idaho Steelheads
- Aces Cash in Late for 3-2 Win in Idaho - Alaska Aces
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.