Legends Re-Sign Booker Woodfox and Dominique JohnsonNovember 3, 2011 - NBA Development League (D-League) Texas Legends
Woodfox was a key contributor in the Legends run to the playoffs as he appeared in all 50 games and started in 13. At the NBDL Showcase Woodfox won the Three-Point competition while representing the Legends. For the season Woodfox averaged 11.0 points, 1.6 rebounds, and 1.3 assists in 20.6 minutes. Woodfox was a 6th round selection by the Texas Legends in the 2010 NBDL Draft.
"Booker was huge player off the bench for the team last year," Texas Legends Assistant General Manager Nancy Lieberman said. "Booker is a great outside threat and excellent shooter, keeping him on the team was definitely a priority. I have high expectations for Booker this season."
Johnson is a versatile swingman who played in 27 games for the Legends and started in 11. Johnson spent time with multiple NBDL teams before finding a home with the Texas Legends where he averaged 12.5 points, 3.6 rebounds, and 1.6 assists per game. He recorded 6 games of 20 points or more including a 31 point explosion off the bench against the New Mexico Thunderbirds on 2/1/11.
"DJ is my type of player," said Texas Legends President of Basketball Operations Spud Webb. "You can ask him to do anything on any given night and he'll get it done. He can score, pass, and rebound. He's the complete package as a guard."
The Legends will fill out the rest of their roster during the NBDL Draft on Thursday, November 3.
The Legends recently announced that all center courtside seats for the 2011-12 season have been sold. Only a handful of premium seats remain, and performance opportunities such as halftime acts and national anthem choirs have also become very limited. Call 1-214-469-0822 or email info@TexLegends.com to inquire about season tickets and performance opportunities.
NBA Development League Stories from November 3, 2011
- Texas Legends Select Alando Tucker and Jamal Sampson in First Round - Texas Legends
- Energy Select Eight Players in NBA D-League Draft - Iowa Energy
- Stampede Select Jason Ellis with Team's First Choice - Idaho Stampede
- D-Fenders Select Jamaal Tinsley With First Pick of 2011 NBA Development League Draft - D-League
- Armor Select 7 Players in Tonight's NBA Development League Draft - Springfield Armor
- Charge Select Tyrell Biggs with the 15th Overall Pick in the 2011 NBA Development League Draft - Canton Charge
- Red Claws Select Dayton's Chris Wright in First Round - Maine Red Claws
- 2011 NBA Development League Draft Recap - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Tulsa 66ers Add 10 Players in 2011 NBA D-League - Tulsa 66ers
- Mad Ants Select Cameron Jones in First Round of 2011 Draft - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- BayHawks Draft Eight Players to Complete Training Camp Roster - Erie BayHawks
- 2011 Dakota Wizards Draft Recap - Dakota Wizards
- Los Angeles D-Fenders Announce 2011 NBA Development League Draft Selections, Camp Invitees - Los Angeles D-Fenders
- Toros Select Tristan Thompson in the 2011 NBA D-League Draft - Austin Toros
- Austin Toros Trade First Pick for Texas Legends' Justin Dentmon - Austin Toros
- 15 Yr. NBA Veteran Donyell Marshall Named Red Claws Assistant Coach - Maine Red Claws
- BayHawks Acquire Veteran Forward Graves - Erie BayHawks
- Local Coach Glover Returns to Bighorns, Highlights Coaching Staff - Reno Bighorns
- Mad Ants Announce Camp Invitees - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Austin Toros Announce 2011-12 Returning Players and Camp Invitees - Austin Toros
- Legends Re-Sign Booker Woodfox and Dominique Johnson - Texas Legends
- Cisco to Power 2011 NBA Development League Draft - D-League
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.