Ka'aihue Homers Twice, Drives in Five as T-Bones Take SeriesAugust 18, 2011 - American Association (AA) Kansas City T-Bones
Kansas City grabbed an early 2-0 lead against Derek Blacksher in the second inning with back-to-back home runs by Ka'aihue and Justin Snyder. Wichita answered with an RBI single by Edwin Bellorin in the bottom of the frame to pull within one against Kris Johnson, 2-1. An RBI single by Carlos Rivera followed in the third to tie the game at two.
Wichita added a single tally in the fifth before a two-run single by former T-Bone Jimmy Mojica made the score 5-2 and chased Johnson with two outs in the sixth. Chris Little (1-3) finished the inning for Kansas City and added a scoreless seventh to earn the victory.
Johnson was charged with five runs on 10 hits over five and two-thirds innings. Blacksher surrendered a solo home run to Ka'aihue in the top of the seventh before giving way to the Wichita bullpen in the eighth. The right-hander allowed three runs on five hits over seven innings. Neither starter factored into the decision.
Kansas City used a single and two walks to load the bases with two outs in the eighth. Ka'aihue wasted no time against reliever Geivy Garcia (0-2), connecting with the first pitch he saw for a bases-clearing double that gave the T-Bones a 6-5 advantage. Snyder followed with an RBI single to push the lead to two.
Garcia took the loss after surrendering three runs on two hits and two walks in one-third of an inning. It was his second loss of the series. Drew Graham allowed a single and issued a free pass to begin the bottom of the eighth before giving way to Kyle Dahman. Dahman retired the next three batters to hold the score at 7-5.
The Wingnuts picked up a single run in the bottom of the ninth but Dahman stranded the tying run at first to secure his seventh save of the season.
Ka'aihue finished three-for-four with a double, two home runs and five RBI to pace the offensive attack.
Kansas City now heads to Amarillo, TX for their first road series against the Amarillo Sox. Game one of the three-game set begins at 7:05 on Friday night. To follow the T-Bones on the road, listen live on KUDL Radio Bach 1660 AM or online at www.tbonesbaseball.com.
American Association Stories from August 18, 2011
- American Association Game Recaps - AA
- Ka'aihue Homers Twice, Drives in Five as T-Bones Take Series - Kansas City T-Bones
- AirHogs Bats Break out to Salvage Series - Grand Prairie AirHogs
- Saints Reliever Thielbar Picked up by the Twins - St. Paul Saints
- American Association Game Recap - AA
- Coles Delivers in Tenth to Give RedHawks 3-2 Victory, Sixth Win in a Row - Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks
- Saints and Ryan Companies to Restore Palace Recreation Center - St. Paul Saints
- Willie Wilson Legends Game Returns in 2011 - Kansas City T-Bones
- Kobayashi Plows Through Hamburgers at RailCats Game - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- AirHogs and Jim Austin Online to Hold Negro League Tribute - Grand Prairie AirHogs
- Last Saints Home Stand Full of Celebrations - St. Paul Saints
- RailCats Welcome Denis Savard on Blackhawks Night - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Final Home Series Begins This Weekend - Amarillo Sox
- X'S DROP 5-2 DECISION TO FARGO - Sioux City Explorers
- American Association Results - AA
- Two-Out Deluge Sends AirHogs to Third Straight Loss - Grand Prairie AirHogs
- Comeback Effort Falls Just Short as Captains Top RailCats 11-9 - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Rodriguez's Four RBIs Lead Captains to 11-9 Victory, Series Split in Gary - Shreveport-Bossier Captains
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.