Playoff Push Continues - Falcons Host Monarchs TonightFebruary 22, 2011 - American Hockey League (AHL) Springfield Falcons
The Falcons have won the last two games against Manchester on home ice including a 5-4 overtime win on February 18 at The Nest. David Savard scored a pair of goals in that contest, including the overtime game-winner.
Both the Falcons and Monarchs have been playing good hockey over the last 10 games. Manchester is 5-2-1-2 in their last 10 contests, while Springfield is 7-3 in that same stretch. Manchester continues to lead the Atlantic Division with a record of 34-18-2-5 good for 75 points.
Falcons captain Ben Guite has taken over the team lead in scoring against the Monarchs this year with three goals and three assists for six points in seven games. Kyle Wilson has two goals and one assist in just two games against Manchester this year.
Both Brandon Kozun and Oscar Moller lead the Monarchs in scoring against the Falcons with four goals and three assists for seven points each. Marc-Andre Cliché is tied with Kozun and Moller in points against the Falcons with two goals and five assists for seven points. Bud Holloway is tied with Kozun and Moller for most goals against Springfield with four.
FALCONS PLAYER/TEAM NOTES
The Springfield Falcons have 27 wins through 56 games this year. This year marks the fastest pace the Falcons have reached 27 wins in a season since 1997-98 when the Falcons had 28 wins through 56 games.
Kyle Wilson continues to produce since joining the Falcons back on January 22. Wilson collected four goals and one assist in three games last week, including a natural hat trick on February 19 as he scored all three goals in a 3-2 Falcons overtime win over the Worcester Sharks.
Wilson has 10 goals and seven assists for 17 points in 13 games with Springfield. Wilson has collected at least a point in 10 of the 13 games he has played. Wilson's hat trick was the first by a Falcons player since Chad Wiseman scored four goals for Springfield back on January 17, 2010.
Tomas Kubalik enters the week second in the AHL in rookie scoring with 17 goals and 20 assists for 37 points in 55 games.
David Savard had a very productive week collecting two goals and two assists for four points in three games. Savard scored a pair of goals on February 18 against Manchester, including the game-winner in overtime. The two goals marked the first multi-goal game of Savard's pro career. Savard leads all Falcons defensemen in scoring with seven goals and 17 assists for 24 points in 48 games this year.
Captain Ben Guite has three assists in his last two games and he also has two goals and three assists for five points in his last five games.
Goaltender Gustaf Wesslau has won his last three straight starts.
American Hockey League Stories from February 22, 2011
- Aeros Fall to Admirals' Late Surge - Houston Aeros
- Blues Activate and Assign Dave Scatchard to Peoria - Peoria Rivermen
- Syracuse Uses Shootout to Slip by Checkers - Charlotte Checkers
- Crunch Battle Back for 4-3 Shootout Win Over Charlotte - Syracuse Crunch
- Kaunisto nets two; Jones stops all 16 shots for fourth shutout - Manchester Monarchs
- Texas Stars Release Derlago - Texas Stars
- Harvest-Properties.com Whalers Hockey Fest 2011 a Memorable Event - Connecticut Whale
- Stars Shine on in Defense of Conference Crown - Texas Stars
- Wolves Present Third Annual NIHL Wolves Cup Tournament - Chicago Wolves
- AHL Announces Suspensions - AHL
- B-Sens Weekly - Binghamton Senators
- Surging Griffins Face Crucial Showdowns with Monsters, Bulldogs - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Pirates Weekly - February 21 - Portland Pirates
- Hamilton Bulldogs Weekly - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Sound Tigers Sign Defenseman Rob Kwiet to PTO - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Admirals Weekly Notes - Milwaukee Admirals
- Stars Shine On In Defense Of Conference Crown - AHL
- Albany Devils Weekly - Albany Devils
- McCollum to Toledo, Spratt Signed - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Marlies Continue Eight Game Homestand on Wednesday Against the Hershey Bears - Toronto Marlies
- Rampage to Host Military Appreciation Night this Saturday - San Antonio Rampage
- Heat Hot Sheet - Bruins on the Horizon - Abbotsford Heat
- Admirals Season Ticket Prices Unchanged for 2011-12 - Milwaukee Admirals
- Coyotes Recall Turris and Schlemko - San Antonio Rampage
- Canucks Re-Assign Yann Sauve to Moose - Manitoba Moose
- B-Sens Recall Forward Yannick Tifu from Elmira - Binghamton Senators
- Blues Recall Tyson Strachan from Peoria - Peoria Rivermen
- Dekanich, Blum Recalled by Nashville - Milwaukee Admirals
- Wolves Present Third Annual NIHL Wolves Cup - Chicago Wolves
- Playoff Push Continues - Falcons Host Monarchs Tonight - Springfield Falcons
- Bears Sign Orlov to Pro Tryout Contract - Hershey Bears
- Devils In Saturday Night As February Draws To A Close - Hershey Bears
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.