BlueClaws Ryan Howard Jersey Retirement Ceremony PostponedJuly 9, 2010 - South Atlantic League (SAL) - Lakewood BlueClaws
Howard, a Phillies star first baseman who played with the BlueClaws in 2002, was to be at FirstEnergy Park for the evening and become the first former BlueClaw to have his number retired by the team.
The Phillies will have to make up a game in Colorado on September 2nd. The game was originally rained out on May 12th. The BlueClaws and Howard will make every attempt to re-schedule the jersey retirement ceremony for 2011.
"Obviously we're very disappointed but this was the only off day that the Phillies were on the west coast," said BlueClaws General Manager Geoff Brown. "We anticipate having him here in 2011."
"I was very much looking forward to returning to Lakewood in September," said Howard. "The BlueClaws were great to me when I was there and I know this was going to be a very special event. I'm excited to retire number 29 next year."
Those with tickets to this game can exchange them for any remaining 2010 BlueClaws regular season home game.
Fans interested in exchanging must bring their tickets to the BlueClaws Box Office. All exchanges are subject to availability.
The Lakewood BlueClaws have led the South Atlantic League in attendance in each of their first nine years of existence and are celebrating their tenth season of providing family fun and entertainment at the Jersey Shore.
Tickets for all remaining 2010 home games are on sale by calling 732-901-7000 or online at BlueClaws.com.
South Atlantic League Stories from July 9, 2010
- Lexington wins over West Virginia - West Virginia Power
- Legends hold on for 4-3 win over West Virginia - Lexington Legends
- GreenJackets Fall in Wild 11-10 Contest - Augusta GreenJackets
- Batts scores go-ahead run on wild pitch, Claws win 4-3 - Lakewood BlueClaws
- Intimidators Win Wild Game 11-10 - Kannapolis Intimidators
- Another Come from Behind Win for Rome - Rome Braves
- Birds Squander Lead In Eighth And Fall, 4-3 - Delmarva Shorebirds
- Rome Squeaks By RiverDogs, 6-5 - Charleston RiverDogs
- 'Dads rained out on Friday, doubleheader on Saturday - Hickory Crawdads
- King James to Appear on Backstabbers Night - Augusta GreenJackets
- Gnats Game Notes - Savannah Sand Gnats
- Beat the Heat with Five More 'RiverDog Days of Summer - Charleston RiverDogs
- Power Game Notes - West Virginia Power
- Shorebirds Game Notes - Delmarva Shorebirds
- BlueClaws Ryan Howard Jersey Retirement Ceremony Postponed - Lakewood BlueClaws
- All-Stars LHP Ross & RHP Hurley Promoted - Hickory Crawdads
- Limited Tickets Available for July 24th Game - Hagerstown Suns
- Suns iPhone App Now Available On iTunes - Hagerstown Suns
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.