Everblades Double Up Stingrays 4-2February 13, 2010 - ECHL (ECHL) South Carolina Stingrays
The Everblades jumped out to a 1-0 lead on the power play at 2:02 of the first period on a deflection by forward Mathieu Roy off a shot from the point by defenseman A.J. Thelen beating Stingrays goaltender Parker Van Buskirk between the legs. Defenseman Matt Duffy earned the second assist.
Yeo tied the game for the Stingrays on the power play 50 seconds into the second period beating Everblades goalie Chris Beckford-Tseu low glove-side with a wrist shot from the left-wing circle. Campbell and forward Gregg Johnson received assists. Florida's Roy netted his second of the night at 9:23 to make it 2-1 heading into the second intermission. Forwards Kevin Baker and Ross Carlson recorded the assists.
The Stingrays started the third period with a goaltending change as Shane Connelly replaced Van Buskirk. Through two periods of play, Van Buskirk stopped 17 of 19 Everblades shots.
Florida quickly grabbed a two-goal lead 33 seconds into the final frame on the power play off a drive from winger Dominic Osman beating Connelly over the left shoulder. Defenseman Scott Hotham and Thelen registered assists. Carlson added his own goal for the Everblades at 4:39 from Osman. Stingrays' Hauswirth cut the lead in half at 14:34 to end the game scoring. Connelly suffered the loss stopping 7 of 9 Everblades chances. Beckford-Tseu kicked away 32 of 34 Stingrays opportunities. The Everblades ended the night 2-for-5 on the power play while the Stingrays went 1-for-8.
The Stingrays continue their five-game home stand on Friday, February 19 at 7:05 p.m. at North Charleston Coliseum against the Gwinnett Gladiators. Friday is $2 Beer Night and South Carolina Sports Medicine night. Be sure to arrive early, because the beer special only lasts until the end of the first period! Listen to the game LIVE at www.stingrayshockey.com! Ticket packages and individual tickets are on sale now! Call the Stingrays front office at (843) 744-2248 for more information. For all the latest Stingrays news, visit www.stingrayshockey.com.
ECHL Stories from February 13, 2010
- Steelheads top Utah in shootout - Idaho Steelheads
- Chiefs toppled by Cyclones - Johnstown Chiefs
- Nailers mount comeback in 3rd but fail - Wheeling Nailers
- Everblades Double Up Stingrays 4-2 - South Carolina Stingrays
- Checkers lose to Gladiators - Charlotte Checkers
- Dustin Sproat Delivers In Cyclones' 6-2 Win - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Brown, Gladiators Hold Off Checkers 2-1 - Gwinnett Gladiators
- Everblades Top Stingrays 4-2 - Florida Everblades
- Toledo's Victory Creates Three-Way Tie for Second Place - Kalamazoo Wings
- Walleye Attendance Record - Toledo Walleye
- Walleye Shut Out Wings 3-0 - Toledo Walleye
- Game Preview: Stockton Thunder At Ontario Reign - Stockton Thunder
- Game Preview: Condors Vs. Vegas Tonight - Bakersfield Condors
- ECHL Transactions - February 13 - ECHL
- Charlie Kronschnabel Loaned To Hershey - Reading Royals
- Nailers Host Last Home Game For Three Weeks - Wheeling Nailers
- Jackals Game Preview: Elmira At Wheeling - Elmira Jackals
- ECHL Today - ECHL
- Stingrays Gameday: Tailgate Saturday Tonight Against Everblades - South Carolina Stingrays
- Reign Shut Out By Thunder, 5-0 - Ontario Reign
- Chiefs Clipped By Wings - Johnstown Chiefs
- Another Utah Comeback Leads To 4-3 Shootout Win - Utah Grizzlies
- Game Preview: Stockton Thunder Vs. Ontario Reign - Stockton Thunder
- Countdown To Face-Off - Kalamazoo Wings
- Condors Erase Three Deficits, But Fall In Overtime To Las Vegas, - Bakersfield Condors
- 7,745 Fans At Stockton Arena Enjoy Perugini's Fourth Career Shutout - Stockton Thunder
- Wranglers Clip Condors 6-5 In Overtime - Las Vegas Wranglers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.